Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    DT Randy Colling is also one of the five players Dunk argues should be placed in the top 20 Scouting Bureau rankings, along with Fordham DL Justin Vaughn, Laval OL Jean-Simon Roy, Regina OL Jeremy Zver and Sherbrooke FB Anthony Gosselin. Some of them should be available at the start of the second round for the Argos to consider drafting.

http://3downnation.com/2017/04/14/fi...reau-probably/
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Just IMO - but there is little to no way to justify a "fullback"/H-back in a CFL top 20 draft rankings these days - unless the guy is a Blake Marshall type talent and a CFL team plans to feature a fullback full-time in their offence - it's a part-time position (what - maybe 10 snaps a game on offence, if even on an average CFL team?); all other positions (outside of QB and D-half where NIs are not going to play), and you at least have a chance to get a starter on O or D. Not that a GOB wouldn't use an early draft pick to draft a fullback (and hope they guy is a very good ST player as well), but IMO that is just dumb/myopic. You should be aiming for full-time, top notch starter talent with 1st couple of rounds draft picks.
    I agree that in today's CFL with its focus on passing, a FB like Gosselin (or other FB for that matter) is highly unlikely to be any team's first draft choice. I was simply listing who Dunk thought was overlooked in the rankings and who might be available.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I agree that in today's CFL with its focus on passing, a FB like Gosselin (or other FB for that matter) is highly unlikely to be any team's first draft choice. I was simply listing who Dunk thought was overlooked in the rankings and who might be available.

Yeah, but Jimmy P used the 11th overall pick last year on Wayne Moore - a bigger size CIS tailback - who was about to get zero shot to play tailback in the CFL and would be viewed as a fullback/H-back - and the Als offence then barely used an H-back ??? - a WTF type pick that is so typical of the CFL draft. So, thinking an H-back belongs in the top 20 CFL draft rankings is supported with that evidence; I believe Moore was out with injury part or all of last season for the Als (?), but it would have been very interesting to see if he played any offence for them; we'll see if he even makes their team this season.