Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Not a good report for football. Something has to change or we are going to lose the game we love. I know what these guys are talking about as even in High School I had my "bell rung". QB's are always fair game. I found out what the term "having your bell rung" really felt like. When your brain bounces around inside your skull it actually feels like your whole head is vibrating. Paralyzing you for a few seconds.
I know the officials are just calling the game within the rules but it seems they are more concerned with a little hand push a way from the play on a run back or a finger over the goal line on a one yard plunge then a vicious helmet to helmet hit.
The teams are going to have to start teaching more the Rugby style of tackling and put in game ejections and fines for tackles leading with the helmet.

I saw an article recently that some NCAA teams are starting to get the message and are bringing out Rugby Coaches to teach tackling without leading with the head. But it has to come from the top, and in Pro Sports that starts with the owners.