Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Thing is Shatto, if the Argos were to ever receive equal treatment at BMO, it would offend the fan base of TFC....big time.
    let those self entitled jerks be offended, I want equal treatment for my team.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    let those self entitled jerks be offended, I want equal treatment for my team.
    Considering that TFC play twice as many games there and pay twice as much rent bring in a lot more in ad revenue, merchandise sales and can get 27k out for a game on a Tuesday night in cold weather, you better be careful about asking for "equal" treatment.
    TFC don't get the $4 beers or tailgating either.
    But you could complain to the Chairman of TFC, Tenebaum, who also owns the Argos, and complain about getting bigger player pictures

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    With the greatest respect, I'm not sure what the attendance, at this present time has to do with signage equality. Argos have 10 to 20 times the television audiences and these folks are all seeing stadium ads. The Argos have a history and brand going back a century or so. But none of that should be of any concern. In a stadium financed primarily with public money and being owned by the city, there should be an overriding principle of equality, especially in signage treatment.

Argo fans don't expect preferential treatment just equal treatment.

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    With the greatest respect, I'm not sure what the attendance, at this present time has to do with signage equality. Argos have 10 to 20 times the television audiences and these folks are all seeing stadium ads. The Argos have a history and brand going back a century or so. But none of that should be of any concern. In a stadium financed primarily with public money and being owned by the city, there should be an overriding principle of equality, especially in signage treatment.

Argo fans don't expect preferential treatment just equal treatment.
    A bunch of the signage you see is co-branded and partnership deals TFC has had in place in some cases for years. When those sponsorship deals come up for renewal you will see a change. One aspect of the team that is being handled by MLSE is Corporate Partnerships. You will start to see MLSE leveraging both brands TFC and the Argos together on all in Stadium stuff going forward I presume. It will take a couple of years but it will happen much like the Marlies CP deals are leveraged with Leafs Corporate Partners.