Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    That third down gamble was one turning point while the other one happened early in the 2nd quarter when Alex Bazzie took a roughing the passer penalty to extend a Toronto drive with the score 21-0 and the Argos going nowhere. The Argos would score their first TD on that possession.
    My vote for turning point came two plays after the RTP, when Harris took off with the ball for the first time. It could be my imagination, but he seemed more confident after running the ball and getting some controlled contact. FWIW, we're 4-0 when Harris records at least one rush and 0-1 when he doesn't. ;)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    So I too read this thread after the game .......it is a soap opera .....
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    With the three hour time change, it's already 10PM for the Argos. Looks like they have already went to bed.
    But there is their second wind!

Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    The 2-0 start certainly surprised me, and my expectations for this team weren't high coming into the season. Why don't we see how the rest of this game goes before we make anymore conclusions?
    Awe ..... The wise one of the group that shows patience .......

Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Stupid call by Tedford and a great drive for us. Like I said we should have this game in the bag. haha.

What did they call that in English? ....... Foreshadowing
    !

Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    It's past midnight and were are moving.
    Who said we can't play this late?
    You give the kids some sugar they will be up all night!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    This was an awesome thread to read. Best soap opera in a long time.
    I was collecting these quotes as I went ..... Great minds think alike right Ron?

Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post

This team is fun as hell to watch. Put that on a t-shirt.
    ARGOS ......
    Fun as hell to watch .....
    What has your team done for you lately?

Im sure it will fit

It definitely was fun to read this thread afterwards. I do enjoy the changes that happen during the game this year.
    It does make me nervous at the beginning of the game when things aren't clicking . if the Argos can keep pulling off these wins and still not be peaking ..... That's fine with me.
    I had to get up very early this morning, so didn't know the outcome of the game when I retired last night. Of course I checked first thing .....and I have had a perma smile for most of the day today ....... Next week the kittens....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Argos will be in a great position when they return to Toronto from what seems like an eternal road trip.The worse they can be is 3-2 and they could be 4-1. Considering that many felt they would be well down the road to missing the playoffs at that point, this start is fantastic.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Here's the game summary for anyone who missed it.

http://cfl.ca/article/harris-argos-o...win-over-lions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Just a few mental notes after the game.
    Incredible calmness by the Argos when down 21-0, especially in Harris and Milanovich.
    An enormous game by the O line - some pressure but no sacks.
    Who is this guy Elliot? He catches, runs good routes, enthusiastically blocks DE's, plays great on Special Teams -- looks like a REAL football player !
    Wonderful game by Waud, a breakout game for him, including his first sack.
    Okpalaugo ( sp ?) has suddenly rediscovered last years intensity.
    I couldn't be happier than to see Adjey with his first CFL TD - he's worked so hard to improve.
    None of us would be smiling today if not for Eric Black's speed and persistence, saving the touchdown.

................ a great win for the Argo family ! The locker room was bedlam after the game.
    One oar still in the water !

Achievements:

Level
    I never heard who we scratched in this game. Was it Green and Stala?

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I never heard who we scratched in this game. Was it Green and Stala?
    I'm 100% sure that one of the scratches was Bruce Campbell. I think the other was Scott Mitchell, but I'm not 100% certain on that. I think Green slid into Owusu-Ansah's spot when Jefferson got nicked up late in the game.

EDIT:

TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    Just a few mental notes after the game.
    Incredible calmness by the Argos when down 21-0, especially in Harris and Milanovich.
    An enormous game by the O line - some pressure but no sacks.
    Who is this guy Elliot? He catches, runs good routes, enthusiastically blocks DE's, plays great on Special Teams -- looks like a REAL football player !
    Wonderful game by Waud, a breakout game for him, including his first sack.
    Okpalaugo ( sp ?) has suddenly rediscovered last years intensity.
    I couldn't be happier than to see Adjey with his first CFL TD - he's worked so hard to improve.
    None of us would be smiling today if not for Eric Black's speed and persistence, saving the touchdown.

................ a great win for the Argo family ! The locker room was bedlam after the game.

Good notes Willie !

Eric Black did show speed and smarts to be able to stop a very fast Murray-Lawrence on that return - and it saved a TD !

I'm impressed by Elliot too, AND Gurley and Hazelton - big target receivers - and Harris seems willing to throw downfield or deep to them - something that IMO has been lacking in the CFL for some time in favor of all the wimpy dink & dunk and check down stuff (how many times do I have to see a 3 yard completion on 2nd and 8 in the CFL - stupid, chikcen$hit football, along with all the idiot waggle off-sides, and these go hand in hand with CFL offensive gob lack of faith in a run game); IF the Argos get a better run game going along with the deeper passing game (plus still some of the dink & dunk), they will have the best offence in the league IMO, if they are not already there. Love to see the Argos add a much bigger power back to compliment Whitaker and Coombs - add a bit more ground game to the mix; and nice to see Dupuis with a 1st down yardage reception - the guy is a beast of a blocker and get him the ball once in awhile too ... more diversity on offence = will easily trump all the other same old CFL offences out there and give defences lots of problems IMO.

Agreed on Waud - hope he gets rewarded with more playing time ; hopefully Foley can get going to his old self too. Argos have a solid D, especially if the D-Line can improve - Greenwood & Jones are tough at LB and good young secondary (when is Gabriel due back? - the D gets even better with all the starters and with gelling together)

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks. I should have realized that Campbell would be one - until healthy, the only reason he's on the roster is to be scratched - but I'm surprised that we dressed three backup DBs. Eh, why not I suppose. They're a lot more useful on teams than backup OLs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Good notes Willie !

Eric Black did show speed and smarts to be able to stop a very fast Murray-Lawrence on that return - and it saved a TD !

I'm impressed by Elliot too, AND Gurley and Hazelton - big target receivers - and Harris seems willing to throw downfield or deep to them - something that IMO has been lacking in the CFL for some time in favor of all the wimpy dink & dunk and check down stuff (how many times do I have to see a 3 yard completion on 2nd and 8 in the CFL - stupid, chikcen$hit football, along with all the idiot waggle off-sides, and these go hand in hand with CFL offensive gob lack of faith in a run game); IF the Argos get a better run game going along with the deeper passing game (plus still some of the dink & dunk), they will have the best offence in the league IMO, if they are not already there. Love to see the Argos add a much bigger power back to compliment Whitaker and Coombs - add a bit more ground game to the mix; and nice to see Dupuis with a 1st down yardage reception - the guy is a beast of a blocker and get him the ball once in awhile too ... more diversity on offence = will easily trump all the other same old CFL offences out there and give defences lots of problems IMO.

Agreed on Waud - hope he gets rewarded with more playing time ; hopefully Foley can get going to his old self too. Argos have a solid D, especially if the D-Line can improve - Greenwood & Jones are tough at LB and good young secondary (when is Gabriel due back? - the D gets even better with all the starters and with gelling together)
    Great to have some targets you can throw deep to, a balanced passing attack is definitely what is needed and hard to defend.
    I would stack the talent of our receiving group against any in the league which we haven't been able to say for a couple of years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    These new receivers have been so good that we don't hear any speculation about what happens if the likes of Chiles and Inman are cut from their NFL teams. Nobody is mentioning Jason Barnes' name either.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Barring injuries and drop in production I don't see Chiles, Inman or Barnes being brought back either.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    These new receivers have been so good that we don't hear any speculation about what happens if the likes of Chiles and Inman are cut from their NFL teams. Nobody is mentioning Jason Barnes' name either.

I am with you AR, these 3 appear as the real deal.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Barring injuries and drop in production I don't see Chiles, Inman or Barnes being brought back either.
    Chiles or Inman would be nice to have... but not at the expense of losing/sitting any of TG,KE, and VH.

(although if VH was converted to slotback and the ratio could somehow be accommodated...)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

Brandon Whitaker

RB BW is one fine football player.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    RB BW is one fine football player.
    He's been a great addition. His production has dropped a bit in the last few games, but I don't think they were giving him as many carries. He is a good blocker and receiver out of the backfield.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    That's a real tribute to the three rookie receivers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    After blowing a 21-0 lead to the Argos, the Lions have decided to hit the reset button to regain their composure by practicing joga yoga, a la Seattle Seahawks who make it part of their mandated training regimen.

http://www.pressreader.com/canada/th...89391/TextView

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    By the Numbers

Argonauts.ca staff
    0 – Rushing yards from Lions QB Travis Lulay, who recorded his first career 100-yard rushing game in week four.
    2 – Special teams tackles by FB Brendan Gillanders in the game, both of which came at pivotal moments. The sophomore CFLer earned the special teams game ball from his teammates for the effort.
    3 – First downs allowed by the Argonauts defence in the second half after surrendering 13 in the first two quarters.
    3 – Total touchdowns for Argos QB Trevor Harris: two passing and one rushing.
    5 – Receiving yards for Argos WR Natey Adjei, who’s first catch of the 2015 season tied the game at 24 in the fourth quarter.
    5 – Consecutive starts that Trevor Harris has thrown at least two touchdown passes to start his CFL career.
    8 – Argonauts players who caught a pass from Harris on the night.
    11 – Passing touchdowns for Harris in 2014, leading all CFL QBs despite already having a bye week.
    17 – First downs for the Argonauts in the second half while mounting a comeback.
    25 – Distance in yards of the Lions longest play on the night, coming on a pass from Travis Lulay to Andrew Harris. Conversely, three Argonauts receivers made catches of 32 yards of more on the evening.
    42 – Yards allowed by the Argonauts defence in the second half.
    50 – Percentage of Harris’ completions caught by Tori Gurley, Vidal Hazelton and Kevin Elliott
    100 – K/P Ronnie Pfeffer’s field goal percentage on the evening, booting home three of three attempts to bring his total on the season to 70%.
    165 - Total yards through the air for Lulay and the Lions
    189 – Combined receiving yards by Gurley, Hazelton and Elliott.
    294.25 – Passing yards per game for Trevor Harris in 2015, which ranks third in the CFL behind Zach Collaros and Kevin Glenn.
    29,674 – Number of kilometers travelled by the Argonauts in 2015 prior to Friday night’s kickoff against B.C.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Interesting numbers, including number 29,674 ... jeezbus!