Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
I have no idea why people think that moving to BMO will save us, i for once would come less because it will be open field and it's kinda cold in Canada. Then, the location and parking of BMO is way worse than the dome. Makes little sense in my opinion.
While a renovated BMO might be the poorest stadium in the league, by reducing the capacity closer to the East Div. competitors average of 24,000...that alone could make the Argos successful. The Als drew barely 20,000 fans to their last game, but the stadium looked packed. There would be much more incentive for Argo fans to buy seasons tickets in a smaller stadium. The other East teams have between a 14,000 to 18,000 season ticket base. That's a much more comfortable position to be starting from compared to the Argos current subscriber count. Relocate the Argos to a 25,000-seat stadium and their season ticket base would quickly jump to 15,000+ (fans will want to reserve the best seats as walk-up tickets will not be plentiful). Then the Argos would generate positive press, like the RedBlacks have done selling-out their 24,000-seat stadium.

The Argos would be transformed into a successful franchise, packing their intimate outdoor stadium (with a state-of-the-art hybrid grass field and covered seating)...along with a huge TV audience. CFL ratings are the highest of any sport, even higher than most NHL games on TSN or Sportsnet. Only CBC's HNIC or an occassional Leaf game can top the mighty CFL!