Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    What the league needs is fair and balanced reporting, already enough media types who love bashing the league.
    I agree with you on this. I don't think Burke would be a bad choice, but in reality is he going to leave a job that pays millions for a job that pays a few hundred grand? I highly doubt it.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I agree with you on this. I don't think Burke would be a bad choice, but in reality is he going to leave a job that pays millions for a job that pays a few hundred grand? I highly doubt it.
    When Cohon left and they were doing interviews, I thought I read that the salary was around $1M.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    When Cohon left and they were doing interviews, I thought I read that the salary was around $1M.
    OK, I thought it was in the 500k range. Even at 1M, it would still be a large pay cut for Burke. I just don't see it. If he was out of work, then maybe. The bigger risk to me would be hiring a guy that might leave if another hockey opportunity would come up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The media would immediately smell blood with a personality like Burke in charge of the CFL and it would quickly turn into a fiasco.
    How about we apply for the job and split the salary😛
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    The media would immediately smell blood with a personality like Burke in charge of the CFL and it would quickly turn into a fiasco.
    How about we apply for the job and split the salary😛
    I'm all in.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Good God, some of these suggestions are hilariously stupid, Brian Burke,...a guy who has no connection to Canadian Football and is an American to boot. This guy probably doesn't know there are 3 downs in the league.

I knew Orridge was a garbage choice who had no knowledge of the game when he only mentioned one player (Warren Moon) in all the so called years his father and him gathered around the TV in Queens, New York to watch the CFL. That response sounded so fabricated that it could have been written for him by a junior high student, that's how predictable it was. He never mentioned any other CFL player from that same era, none, no other player that may have even fit the cultural or social background that was similar to Moon's...God knows there were plenty of them in that era. If that didn't tell you this guy was a phony, nothing would've convinced you.

I'll add another suggestion that can't be any worse than the ones already mentioned, Rod Black. Some of you may like it because it would remove him from the broadcast booth...that may be an automatic ratings booster in itself.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Good God, some of these suggestions are hilariously stupid, Brian Burke,...a guy who has no connection to Canadian Football and is an American to boot. This guy probably doesn't know there are 3 downs in the league.

I knew Orridge was a garbage choice who had no knowledge of the game when he only mentioned one player (Warren Moon) in all the so called years his father and him gathered around the TV in Queens, New York to watch the CFL. That response sounded so fabricated that it could have been written for him by a junior high student, that's how predictable it was. He never mentioned any other CFL player from that same era, none, no other player that may have even fit the cultural or social background that was similar to Moon's...God knows there were plenty of them in that era. If that didn't tell you this guy was a phony, nothing would've convinced you.

I'll add another suggestion that can't be any worse than the ones already mentioned, Rod Black. Some of you may like it because it would remove him from the broadcast booth...that may be an automatic ratings booster in itself.
    It's always so nice to see the joy you bring every few weeks that you decide to post.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    How about we apply for the job and split the salary
    Bourke is as big an @$$-hat, clown, moron as it gets in pro sports = total joke to have this guy anywhere near the CFL; let him stick to hockey and maybe he can screw-up another franchise in the idiot Bettman led NHL - maybe he could even replace Bettman.