After the Argos Open mic session, a few of us went out for a drink and it was brought up that Matt Cauz was let go by 1050. They have extended the morning show and hour, and Leafs Lunch to 2 hours, filling the 3rd hour of Cauz and Wheelers show with Dan Patrick. I suspect, you will get 3 hours of Patrick during the summer and Leafs lunch on holidays.

I am really disturbed by the way things are playing out at 1050, as I had really high hopes for the station. Over the last couple of years, they have cut the 7-11 evening slot and now the 9-12 morning slot, filling with Fox sports radio and Dan Patrick. IMO, it has all but killed any additional Argo coverage that we have hoped would come. Mike Hogan, the most Argo friendly host, doesn't even have his own show anymore. Used to fil in for Cauz and Wheeler, or the 1-4 slot. This really adds to the challenge of the Argos front office. The lack of coverage over the air waves really hurts them.

I realize the budget cuts are deemed necessary, but if I want to hear US sports radio, and I occasionally do, I just listen to ESPN radio on line. TSN IMO, would be better off reducing the some of the local shows and go with a National show. It would definitely fit better into a budget, and keep the Canadian content. For example, keep all the local morning and evening drive shows as is, but add a National show the rest of the day.