Hybrid View

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    And again - accuse me of putting on a tin-foil hat - but, sorry, can't shake the idea that MLSE and Larry buying into the Argos was nothing to do with wanting to see the Argos and the CFL succeed in the GTA and overall, but more to have some control of pro gridiron football in the area to further their never ending love & quest for getting an American pro football team (NFL crack-pipe dream still going; XFL, USFL, whatever Mickey Mouse league is looking hip at the time). Of course they would never answer that question, but we'll see what happens with the Argos future, and maybe sooner than later.
    They make it very difficult to think otherwise, especially with their stand on XFL. Thank God for the other owners.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    They make it very difficult to think otherwise, especially with their stand on XFL. Thank God for the other owners.
    It's just not going to happen. I wouldn't lose sleep over it. The only reason why a merger was even suggested is because the CFL was on hiatus.

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    It's just not going to happen. I wouldn't lose sleep over it. The only reason why a merger was even suggested is because the CFL was on hiatus.
    There were two teams in favour of it Toronto and Calgary IIRC. I believe there was a rift at the BOG between Christmas Tree and everybody else. He was pissed the rest were too stupid not to go along with it. Stern stood up for him publicly out of respect. There was more to it than the league being on hold. If I have any of this wrong please correct me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    There were two teams in favour of it Toronto and Calgary IIRC. I believe there was a rift at the BOG between Christmas Tree and everybody else. He was pissed the rest were too stupid not to go along with it. Stern stood up for him publicly out of respect. There was more to it than the league being on hold. If I have any of this wrong please correct me.
    I'm not saying you're wrong about any of the talks, I'm just saying it's not going to happen.

Heck, the XFL could do well in the upcoming season and that may lead to another round of talks about a merger.

It's still not going to happen though.