Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    What would you like me to say? You want me to prove/disprove something? If there was anything worth responding to there I would have. Sorry if I didn't hold your post worthy of being on stone tablets.
    Hey, if you aren't prepared to respond to points rebutting your post, that's your call.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Hey, if you aren't prepared to respond to points rebutting your post, that's your call.
    You had numbers? Specifics? The only thing you had was your opinion and you wouldn't agree with anything I'd say just on principle so sorry if I don't have the facility to debate ghost posts. I'll never be able to get to your level of irrelevant condescension but next time, for you, I'll give it the ol' college try. : )

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    You had numbers? Specifics? The only thing you had was your opinion and you wouldn't agree with anything I'd say just on principle so sorry if I don't have the facility to debate ghost posts. I'll never be able to get to your level of irrelevant condescension but next time, for you, I'll give it the ol' college try. : )
    You might be surprised.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    You might be surprised.
    Surprise me, I'm more than happy to hear the truth. What I have a problem with is certain posters posting only the triumphs of TFC and only the failures of the Argos, the very definition of the dreaded T word.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The discussion here, seems to be about the popularity of the Argos/CFL as reflected through TV numbers as against the popularity of TFC/MLS, again as reflected through TV numbers. What we do know is the Argo/Sask game and the Ti-Cat/Stamps game both had an average audience of approximately 2/3 of a million. We can probably all agree those are pretty good numbers. I haven't seen the TV numbers for the last couple of TFC games (maybe somebody has those numbers) but based on last year's figures, somewhere between 40 thousand and 90 thousand could be expected. So we can safely agree that the two CFL games mentioned above, probably drew something like 10 times the number of the TFC audience.

As for streaming numbers, I have seen no evidence that the numbers are higher for TFC/MLS than Argos /CFL or visa versa. Until someone is able to provide those numbers, the discussion is really all conjecture. Personally, the young folks I know would stream Argo games not TFC games but that is because they follow Argos/CFL not TFC/MLS. That is very subjective and until there is firm objective evidence of the numbers being streamed we are all providing our own subjective opinions.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    The discussion here, seems to be about the popularity of the Argos/CFL as reflected through TV numbers as against the popularity of TFC/MLS, again as reflected through TV numbers. What we do know is the Argo/Sask game and the Ti-Cat/Stamps game both had an average audience of approximately 2/3 of a million. We can probably all agree those are pretty good numbers. I haven't seen the TV numbers for the last couple of TFC games (maybe somebody has those numbers) but based on last year's figures, somewhere between 40 thousand and 90 thousand could be expected. So we can safely agree that the two CFL games mentioned above, probably drew something like 10 times the number of the TFC audience.

As for streaming numbers, I have seen no evidence that the numbers are higher for TFC/MLS than Argos /CFL or visa versa. Until someone is able to provide those numbers, the discussion is really all conjecture. Personally, the young folks I know would stream Argo games not TFC games but that is because they follow Argos/CFL not TFC/MLS. That is very subjective and until there is firm objective evidence of the numbers being streamed we are all providing our own subjective opinions.
    This thread has become yet another thread where one member continually feels the need to be our Hero/Saviour. And a ban doesn't really work as his "alter ego" Argoknot will just reappear. Similar to how slimjim (aka Flutie) has shown up yet again.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    This thread has become yet another thread where one member continually feels the need to be our Hero/Saviour. And a ban doesn't really work as his "alter ego" Argoknot will just reappear. Similar to how slimjim (aka Flutie) has shown up yet again.
    Easy solution, ban me and Flutie. And sorry, I don't try to be a hero/saviour to this holier than thou group who are above defending their slipping franchise. Argoknot?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Similar to how slimjim (aka Flutie) has shown up yet again.
    Funny how you defend that here but they wouldn't allow me to get past one post at their site. I haven't even tried, but others more agreeable than me got banned their after a handful of posts.