Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I'm still impressed by them, but maybe not overly - drops problems are an issue - Hazelton more than once and Elliott could have had that end zone throw; for those who said maybe Inman might not be a fit if he became available = none of those 3 rookies are near as good IMO. Stala shows he still has it as a sure hands possession receiver = he should be played more on offence IMO and not just as an emergency injury replacement.
    Despite some drops Hazelton had 10 catches for 134 yards. I agree that Stala should be played more, especially in situations where a Sticky-hands Stala is more likely to make a sure-handed catch for a short gain in order to make a first down on a second down situation since he has better hands than most of the other receivers.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The stats suggest a better fortune for the Argos, but things don't work logically with the Argos in Hamilton. The onside kick was a complete clusterf*** that has no business occurring to a team in the Canadian Football League. I can't really fault Harris too, too much as he threw for 326 yards, a TD and no interceptions, but yeah the Ticats D stiffened in the red zone or worse yet it seemed like one of the many Argo penalties forestalled a promising drive. The Ticats D got the big play when they needed it while the Argos offense never really got the big play either.

The momentum shift to me (as Ravi relates) was the penalty that forced the Argos to punt in the 2nd quarter, although with the Argos short yardage tonight it might not have mattered.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Argos played better than I expected tonight. The 5 game road trip caught up with them and Hammer is a real tough place to play now. Let alone the returning players that bolstered them. Kudos to the Argos for never giving up or hanging their heads.

But I do disagree 100% with Ravi, Hamilton did beat the Argos and beat them real good. To say otherwise is just blatant homerism worthy of ourbombers 10 years ago.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Hamilton deserved to win and probably would have even if we hadn't made so many unforced errors. My biggest concern at this point is that the secondary seems confused a lot of the time. We need Gabriel back, and maybe Underwood as well. Our offence will be fine. Our receivers dropped a few passes but it took five games for that to happen. Need to get Whitaker more involved and I would consider dressing Kackert or Steele (when healthy) over Josey since the latter is getting no PT on offence.

I really hope Hamilton is still unbeaten at THF by Labour Day because it will be super-sweet to be the team to break that streak.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Hamilton was very fired up tonight, and the onside punt was basically a summary of the night. Their D really plays off their fans. Must be nice to have a home crowd make tons of noise on every offensive snap of the visiting team. I honestly didn't like the Argos chances going into tonight, and that is one reason I never made a prediction.

On a personal note, it was the first time I've made the trip to the hammer to watch the Argos play in about 5 years. Man was I verbally abused on my way back to the car (about a 15 minute walk). I must have heard about 50 Argos sucks chants directed at me. Such a lack of originality. I also noticed that the wife beater undershirt must be the most popular style of shirt in the area around THF.
    Isn't it funny how everywhere except Toronto the fans make such a difference? I get dirty looks and told to be quiet when I make noise at the Rogers Centre.

Ticat fans are the least classy group of fans that I've ever encountered, in any sport.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I've a fantastic idea, guys. Let's trade Ricky Ray!

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Hamilton was very fired up tonight, and the onside punt was basically a summary of the night. Their D really plays off their fans. Must be nice to have a home crowd make tons of noise on every offensive snap of the visiting team. I honestly didn't like the Argos chances going into tonight, and that is one reason I never made a prediction.

On a personal note, it was the first time I've made the trip to the hammer to watch the Argos play in about 5 years. Man was I verbally abused on my way back to the car (about a 15 minute walk). I must have heard about 50 Argos sucks chants directed at me. Such a lack of originality. I also noticed that the wife beater undershirt must be the most popular style of shirt in the area around THF.
    I get amused when they start the Argos Suck chant after a call they deem to be bad. Blame the refs, not the Argos .

Some guy started yelling at me that (Condredge) Holloway was the worst player ever. Likelihood the guy knew who Holloway was? Again I'll just leave it with a

Otherwise had no problems going into or leaving the stadium. Mind you, myself and the people I was with waited for most of the people to file out before exiting.

Hamilton played well tonight but I really don't feel as though they beat the Argos tonight.
    I'll only say this: The Argos "shot themselves in the foot" enough times last year to miss the playoffs. Up to the team to make the necessary adjustments.
    Last edited by Will; 08-04-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Isn't it funny how everywhere except Toronto the fans make such a difference? I get dirty looks and told to be quiet when I make noise at the Rogers Centre.

Ticat fans are the least classy group of fans that I've ever encountered, in any sport.
    Well new stadium but same old behavior. Going to the Labour Day game and will have to ignore it like past years. I hate losing to those guys.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Well new stadium but same old behavior. Going to the Labour Day game and will have to ignore it like past years. I hate losing to those guys.
    As i watched on TV, i was getting angry. Three turnovers on downs?, the 1 yard plunge should be a gimme? I just hate watching the Argo's lose, but i only get angry when they lose to the pussycats.

Im really hoping the team can tighten up, and win on labour day.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    I didn't watch - not even the "highlights" - but I gather that the Argos played (and coached) their patented uninspired and passive game that we see from time to time. So much for the Argos being the team to impose its will.

As for the D, perhaps the return of the injured will suffice - or perhaps not.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Argos played better than I expected tonight. The 5 game road trip caught up with them and Hammer is a real tough place to play now. Let alone the returning players that bolstered them. Kudos to the Argos for never giving up or hanging their heads.

But I do disagree 100% with Ravi, Hamilton did beat the Argos and beat them real good. To say otherwise is just blatant homerism worthy of ourbombers 10 years ago.
    I am not denying that Hamilton played very well. Even Milanovich said last night though that the Argos didn't give them their best game. Maybe Hamilton still would have won if the Argos hadn't made all of the unforced errors that they did but it would have been a damn close game at the least.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    I've a fantastic idea, guys. Let's trade Ricky Ray!
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Harris playing in Saskatchewan when Ray comes back.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    The thing that gets me is that Milanovich, Barker and crew feel they can win a certain way and really never seem to stray or try anything new. Why not dress a true kick and punt returner. Owens shouldn't do it anymore and the other guys just aren't good. I'm sure legs aren't meant to bend like Chad's did on that hit that had me leave for good. Try a trick play to get back into that gongshow of a game. A trick play beat the Argos down mentally in the first series.

Had to listen on radio just getting into the car at Pearson at kickoff. Man does AM radio blow as by the time we were heading towards "Prepare To Be Amazed" Oshawa through Brooklin the reception would break up. By the time we hit Hwy 115 it was pretty much done. Got home to watch that lovely mess called the forth.

Hamilton looks like a better overall team at this point. This Argo team is what I was expecting form day one. Hope Sask doesn't get it's first win on Sat.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level

My nickname for Tim Horton's Stadium

The Cruller because playing there is cruel to other teams especially to the Scullers who got schooled at The Cruller. I don't like crullers as I'm more of a apple fritter or old school cake donut guy. Am I a marketing guru or what? haha

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Harris playing in Saskatchewan when Ray comes back.
    I would be very surprised. In fact I will say that it will not happen.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    The thing that gets me is that Milanovich, Barker and crew feel they can win a certain way and really never seem to stray or try anything new. Why not dress a true kick and punt returner.
    They are not going to sit any of their INT receivers, so they'd have to sit either Josey, a d-lineman, a LB (Rolle) or a DB (Green) to make room for a returner. They use all of their d-linemen (rotating them constantly); Rolle and Green are key parts of the special teams. That said, when Gabriel returns to full health I could see them dressing one less INT DB, which could open a spot for a returner. Josey could in theory be sat since he plays only on kickoff returns -- but that would leave us without a backup at RB so I would not recommend that. And don't forget that when Waters returns we will lose one of the backup INTs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tennyis View Post
    Would be the Grand Daddy of stupid moves if it happened (which it won't).
    Barker and Milanovich aren't fools.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I chalk this loss up to some poor decisions on third down gambles, plus a very good Hamilton defence. Every time Harris went deep, there were two or three defenders right there with the intended receiver. Things just went downhill after that brilliant punt trick with the on side player. The Argos have to learn to just tackle the guy anyway when he grabs the ball. Replay showed that the Ticat player made contact with the Argo player when he was down, so he should have been ruled down by contact at that point. Oh well. Argos didn't play well enough to win anyway. We'll get them later in the season when it comes to crunch time. I was there and I have never had a problem with Ticat fans. They know I am an Argo fan, but we just chat the whole game and never been a problem.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    The Cruller because playing there is cruel to other teams especially to the Scullers who got schooled at The Cruller. I don't like crullers as I'm more of a apple fritter or old school cake donut guy. Am I a marketing guru or what? haha
    C.C.F. Or Crappy Coffee Field.......that works for me.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I just got home, cracked open my after work beer like good soldiers do, sat down at my desk and loaded the message board. I took a massive swig as I was reading this. I am very lucky I don't need a new pc because bargain beer went everywhere.

My friends and I normally refer to the hammer as Scab City or Fecal Falls, but THF will henceforth be known as the Cruller.

Well-played, gamesman, well-played.