Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
I will take him at his word that he intends to make the Argos as important as TFC, but the thing is he has a big learning curve with the Argos. He knows little about the team and league and how to attack the poor attendance issues at BMO Field. He is a smart guy, so I'm sure he will learn and make good decisions but that may take another year and a season under his belt to come up with a proper business plan.

The unfortunate thing is the Argos will likely be able to compete for another championship and most certainly improve on their 9-9 record in 2018. If they were able to have a strategy and business plan ready to go now they could potentially catch lightning in a bottle where the business side and onfield side are both humming. The Argos have not been in that situation since 1991 when John Candy owned the team.

During the Flutie years the team was not well run by Interbrew. In 2004, C&S had not yet taken over, in 2012 Braley did not spend a ton of money on a team he never intended on owning.

I am not sure that the stars have ever aligned in the modern era of the Argos where they had great ownership with a great plan and a solid onfield team at the same time (other than 1991). I am impatient to see what the possibilities can be because I think the turnaround could shock people. This is one of the reasons I was hoping Pinball could be the teams President. He could hit the ground running, and his infectious attitude would get Toronto's business community onside very quickly from a ticket buying and sponsorship perspective.
Cynamon and Sokowlski took over the team at the end of 2003, and Braley did spend money on the team from 2010-2012, it went downhill after the 100th Grey Cup.