Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    It is an issue, if an American paying taxes in Canada, is treated differently from an other taxpayer. Sorry, previous comment badly worded.
    I don’t think they are treated differently as a tax payer. They are allowed all the benefits such as health care when they are here in Canada. The problem stems from when the player leaves in the off season for his residence in the USA. He is legally an American citizen benefiting from their system and contributing to their economy. Mike Reilly, the highest paid player in the league, fails to mention he lives in Washington and benefits from a huge difference of cost of living than Vancouver. I’m not saying he should not be receiving anything, but what Country should help him? In times of crisis’s, Countries focus on their residents, not others.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I don’t think they are treated differently as a tax payer. They are allowed all the benefits such as health care when they are here in Canada. The problem stems from when the player leaves in the off season for his residence in the USA. He is legally an American citizen benefiting from their system and contributing to their economy. Mike Reilly, the highest paid player in the league, fails to mention he lives in Washington and benefits from a huge difference of cost of living than Vancouver. I’m not saying he should not be receiving anything, but what Country should help him? In times of crisis’s, Countries focus on their residents, not others.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This !
    X2
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Further to this, when Mike Reilly and the rest of the American players toddle back home to the good old USA when their playing days are done I hope they will at least raise a glass of Budweiser to the future generations of Canadian taxpayers who will carry the tax burden of this for decades to come.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Further to this, when Mike Reilly and the rest of the American players toddle back home to the good old USA when their playing days are done I hope they will at least raise a glass of Budweiser to the future generations of Canadian taxpayers who will carry the tax burden of this for decades to come.
    Great point. Paying for it for the rest of our lives. Hopefully that’s more than decades.