Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I will likely be the only guy on this website who doesn't think that is a good idea. I want to see a ruthless businessman, somebody who will stare down the Bell/Rogers unholy alliance and do what is best long term for the league. Instead of building bridges (or pretending to as of this moment) I think it's time to start blowing up bridges.

Everyone thinks there are no realistic options other than TSN, it's time to be bold or the league will slowly wither into oblivion if they stay the TSN only course. If the status quo remains more and more people will be unable to view the broadcasts. I haven't been able to watch a game at home via TSN for at least 16 years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    I will likely be the only guy on this website who doesn't think that is a good idea. I want to see a ruthless businessman, somebody who will stare down the Bell/Rogers unholy alliance and do what is best long term for the league. Instead of building bridges (or pretending to as of this moment) I think it's time to start blowing up bridges.

Everyone thinks there are no realistic options other than TSN, it's time to be bold or the league will slowly wither into oblivion if they stay the TSN only course. If the status quo remains more and more people will be unable to view the broadcasts. I haven't been able to watch a game at home via TSN for at least 16 years.
    There is no question that TSN is one of the biggest issues facing the future of the CFL. Trust me, Mike’s success isn’t due to him being likeable, but Mike identifying the big issues and addressing them.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post

Agreed. Very well said, IMO.

Pinner should stay as leader to steer the good ship Argo. He may not be a real tough & sharp business mind who could deal with weasels like Bell/Rogers and all the other CFL enemies out there.

The CFL Commish should ideally be a person who know business with lots of connections AND who has grown up with Canadian football - watching, playing ... a fan who has real vision of what makes Canadian football what it is.

Way better TV deal and other business/income smart decisions; get to a 10th team in Atlantic Canada; entrench Canadian rules AND Canadian players as an integral part of the game/league with further erosion totally off the table, and make some reversals ( eg. put the hash-marks back to where they belong - no more $ucking up to some of the American simpletons in charge of CFL offences; return Canadian content to 50% plus of CFL rosters). Tough challenges; but doing nothing and going backwards as in under that clown Ambrosia is heading for disaster.

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Entrench Canadian rules AND Canadian players as an integral part of the game/league with further erosion totally off the table
    Agree with this, league must be more Canadianized rather than marching towards yet another WFL/USFL/WLAF/XFL 12.0 failure.
    Last edited by bannedforlife; 11-23-2022 at 05:54 PM.