Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
I suppose you could argue this either way.... but where would we have been had Franklin been allowed to stay in as QB as opposed to having been pulled. Let's face it, had Pfeffer not missed a field goal, we could have won the game in Edmonton. I understand that after losing three games in a row that early in the season, a QB change is expected. I am not saying MBT cost us any games himself, however once it started to show that teams were figuring him out, and he was treading water, if not regressing, then the change back to Franklin should have taken place sooner. It's all moot now, but if he is the QB of our future, Franklin would have gained immeasurable experience playing through difficulties and adversity.
I get what you are saying but, to play devil's advocate, with MBT as starter, Medeiros missed a game-tying FG in Montreal and a game-winner against Saskatchewan. I truly believe that the past six games would have unfolded very differently if the Argos had not lost that game in Montreal. That killed any momentum that they had built up with wins in the previous two games.