Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
The team would look even better if we made some key catches, probably resulting in another win or two. I like our Cdn receiver depth. With all the dropsies, Williams, Jones, Noel should all be playing/starting, IMO. It would open up possibilities for a stronger line in the future. I do like the illustration of Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie that Shirley used. The Bills line "gelled" when Flutie played, LOL. A mobile QB makes the line look so much better. Ray is a great QB, but no way does he roll out and make a play like Fajardo did last game. Not fair to ask for Flutie, if we had someone like Collaros (pre-concussion), I think the team would be looking pretty solid. Not trying to start that debate again, the line just isn't good enough for a pocket passer like Ray.
The o-line needs to be better for sure, but it was good enough for RR to average nearly 400 yards a game for six weeks. Are you suggesting it's bad enough to bench him in favour of Collaros.

As for the receivers, if you really want to start Williams, Noel and Jones, which INTs would you sit? Green? Edwards? Posey (when healthy)? Fuller? Paden? Don't get me wrong, I think Williams and Noel have bright futures, and maybe Jones as well (altho he has hardly played in a season and a half), but IMO it's a knee-jerk reaction to demand they play just because our other receivers have dropped some passes. Yes, we have dropped a lot of passes this season (every single starting receiver is guilty), but there's nothing magical about those other guys.