Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    Which TFC crowd?
    Which comments?
    I saw the one project manager only throughout the video.
    Scroll down ... look below the video. I think BMO will be a shit show for both teams.

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    Scroll down ... look below the video. I think BMO will be a shit show for both teams.
    Same rehashed unoriginal stupid comments coming from both sides which has been going on for a long time now.

"I don't want the Argos at BMO Field, Argos suck."

"TFC sucks, look at their TV numbers."

I don't see how those kinds of typical comments are going to create a shit show for both teams.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Still looks like what will be the Cheapest looking stadium with a bunch of after thoughts. Hey, let's just toss a tin roof over this and we'll call it covered. People thought CNE was a shitpit. They should have just done reno's at the time. Sad that it has come to this.

Still will be windy, cold, dank and miserable in the late season should the weather be crap off the lake. Should have some great fog games as well. Why not just go right old school with sod. Rain games could turn the field into a good old fashioned mud bog.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Going to be an interesting year.

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Rain games could turn the field into a good old fashioned mud bog.
    that sounds like fun to watch lol

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenners View Post
    Hopefully the day before the little boys in short pants play.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenners View Post
    1970 grey cup game
    look at that sod fly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NX8WBkHM3Y

great, faster way to get field turf
    Last edited by Qman; 12-31-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    With all these weather/field conditions to factor in, it is possible Milanovich and Brady will have to reconfigure the offence.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I read a few comments below that video. I know there are a few good TFC fans that I've talked to on the Go Train. I'd bet that the typical assplug fans who rip the Argonauts and us fans are mostly young guys who fall into the entitled 20 something brat category. I will never understand what it's like to be breast fed until I'm 10 and once I turn 16 being bought that shiny new Civic. I grew up in an era where we didn't just shit on other teams fans for no reason at all. We welcomed The Jays and Toronto Blizzard to CNE Stadium. Now these little pukes think they are owed something. It's entitled TFC fans that have started the shitshow and have continued. I'm pretty sure they must have their little scarves tied a wee bit too tight. I give this makeshift soccer league five more years.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    I read a few comments below that video. I know there are a few good TFC fans that I've talked to on the Go Train. I'd bet that the typical assplug fans who rip the Argonauts and us fans are mostly young guys who fall into the entitled 20 something brat category. I will never understand what it's like to be breast fed until I'm 10 and once I turn 16 being bought that shiny new Civic. I grew up in an era where we didn't just shit on other teams fans for no reason at all. We welcomed The Jays and Toronto Blizzard to CNE Stadium. Now these little pukes think they are owed something. It's entitled TFC fans that have started the shitshow and have continued. I'm pretty sure they must have their little scarves tied a wee bit too tight. I give this makeshift soccer league five more years.
    Funny coming from someone that pretty much calls everything they don't like "crap." Maybe you didn't breastfeed until you were 10 or get a shiny new Civic when you turned 16 but you sure come off as an old judgmental brat. Enjoy your Ontario craft beer tonight. Happy New Year!

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Hey I can't help it anytime I read comments from those TFC tools it pisses me off. I knew I shouldn't have looked to see this video or the comments. Stick by my comments though. Never a brat I'm more of a shit. haha

When you get to my age you earn the right to be a judgmental SHIT!! You're right everything I don't like is crap. hahaha

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    I'm a fan of all Toronto teams, even if I know nothing about the sport

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    It is a shame that there is constant banter from TFC fans about the Argos. MLS is minor league soccer all the way. It will probably never be able to compete with the European Leagues ever for talent. The difference in my mind is the CFL is a substantially different game than the NFL and requires different types of players especially in the "non-skilled" positions. MLS is not different and cannot attract the worlds best players ever. The CFL had its time when it competed for any player which almost never worked out.

I think it is counter productive to slam another team or league. If you like MLS, TFC good for you. What is wrong with that? I love the CFL and the Argos and everyone who doesn't it is there problem. The Argos and the CFL have been around longer than any other team and will be around for a thousand more years. The CFL has died a million times over the last 30 years... get over it as it will not happen and the league will continue to strengthen. CFL alive and well all the rest can go to hell.

As far as the stadium... it is not the greatest in the league but it is not the worst. Old Exhibition Stadium was really cold at times especially those days when it was hovering around freezing and it was raining. The good thing is almost all the seats will be covered and the nightlines will be good. Having a second tenant like TFC only makes the stadium better for the Argos. Better food, seats, luxury boxes etc. I also like the support the Argos are getting and will get being part of the MLS empire (less Rogers). This is the best situation the team has been in since it was #1 or #2 in the city before the Jays and others.

Lots of people on the form have commented on how much the like Tim Horton's Field. I have no doubt that because of TFC, MLSE (less Rogers) our stadium and experience will be better. I am looking forward to next year and silly childish comments attached to a YouTube video by TFC fans will not dampen my feelings.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    It is a shame that there is constant banter from TFC fans about the Argos. MLS is minor league soccer all the way. It will probably never be able to compete with the European Leagues ever for talent. The difference in my mind is the CFL is a substantially different game than the NFL and requires different types of players especially in the "non-skilled" positions. MLS is not different and cannot attract the worlds best players ever. The CFL had its time when it competed for any player which almost never worked out.

I think it is counter productive to slam another team or league. If you like MLS, TFC good for you. What is wrong with that? I love the CFL and the Argos and everyone who doesn't it is there problem. The Argos and the CFL have been around longer than any other team and will be around for a thousand more years. The CFL has died a million times over the last 30 years... get over it as it will not happen and the league will continue to strengthen. CFL alive and well all the rest can go to hell.

As far as the stadium... it is not the greatest in the league but it is not the worst. Old Exhibition Stadium was really cold at times especially those days when it was hovering around freezing and it was raining. The good thing is almost all the seats will be covered and the nightlines will be good. Having a second tenant like TFC only makes the stadium better for the Argos. Better food, seats, luxury boxes etc. I also like the support the Argos are getting and will get being part of the MLS empire (less Rogers). This is the best situation the team has been in since it was #1 or #2 in the city before the Jays and others.

Lots of people on the form have commented on how much the like Tim Horton's Field. I have no doubt that because of TFC, MLSE (less Rogers) our stadium and experience will be better. I am looking forward to next year and silly childish comments attached to a YouTube video by TFC fans will not dampen my feelings.
    Regarding Tim Hortons field, I had season tickets in Hamilton this past season and it is a great facility in nice weather and a total misery when the rain and wind comes.
    Won't hear any complaints from me regarding outdoor football in Toronto as we will have a roof on our stadium, Hamilton missed the boat in that regard TBH.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Regarding Tim Hortons field, I had season tickets in Hamilton this past season and it is a great facility in nice weather and a total misery when the rain and wind comes.
    Won't hear any complaints from me regarding outdoor football in Toronto as we will have a roof on our stadium, Hamilton missed the boat in that regard TBH.
    That is why I feel it is a benefit sharing a facility with TFC. The CFL does not have the TV revenue like the NFL or will it ever so the stadiums have to be scaled back. I agree Tim Horton's Field is a good stadium if you didn't have the Ti-cat fans . I went to every Argo game this year in Hamilton and the two things I don't like is 1) the lack of a roof over the seats and 2) I prefer to see the seats continuously go around the stadium with no stoppages much like Winnipeg has done with Investor Group Field. I know we will not have #2 but it still should be a very good experience. I also like how Winnipeg sunk the playing surface below ground level. I don't think we will have anything to complain about next year. I think this will be a great experience.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    Going to be an interesting year.
    Your comment could be interpreted in at least two ways - you're looking forward to the year and the new stadium or you see it as the equivalent of a Chinese curse. Which is it?

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Your comment could be interpreted in at least two ways - you're looking forward to the year and the new stadium or you see it as the equivalent of a Chinese curse. Which is it?
    As someone who has supported both the Argos and TFC - this will be an interesting year. There is something to be said for going to an outdoor football game. Would TFC have been a success if they played in the Skydome? No way. Has playing in Skydome made the Argos experience crappy at times. I think so.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    As someone who has supported both the Argos and TFC - this will be an interesting year. There is something to be said for going to an outdoor football game. Would TFC have been a success if they played in the Skydome? No way. Has playing in Skydome made the Argos experience crappy at times. I think so.
    The Argos have played in an outdoor stadium for the past 20 something years. Just had the roof closed once in a while. I'd say the majority were outdoor games. I don't know why people keep saying it wasn't. I'll sit anywhere they play, but it was nice to have that roof many times. I'll give some of you two years before you start complaining about the new place. I know what it is like in that location.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    The Argos have played in an outdoor stadium for the past 20 something years. Just had the roof closed once in a while. I'd say the majority were outdoor games. I don't know why people keep saying it wasn't. I'll sit anywhere they play, but it was nice to have that roof many times. I'll give some of you two years before you start complaining about the new place. I know what it is like in that location.
    Complaints are happening already.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    I disagree that the Dome was an outdoor stadium, but regardless, it's too big for the 20k that the Argos have been averaging. Watching CFL at a place like Tim Hortons Field is much more enjoyable than the Dome. I say bring on the elements. Most of the games are in the summer and then a few games in October and maybe November.