Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by under30ArgosFan View Post
    I brought a group of 5 to the game. One of which had never been to a CFL game but watched a few games this season, another is a huge NFL fan that hasn't watched the CFL since the Damon Allen days. They were really into the game and had a blast and couldn't believe the value (I bought tickets during the flash sale). The in-game entertainment has never been this good in my opinion and in our section 110 there were a lot of late 20, early 30 somethings, the "King Street crowd" and they seemed to have fun. There's a lot of work to be done but there are some signs of life in this market
    I brought my 17 year old daughter to her first CFL game, she enjoyed it, and will come back. When she posted to her friends that she was going, she was teased because 'no one cares about the CFL'. So there you go...despite her peers not being supportive (which means everything at that age), she will attend future games. Why? Because she actually came to the game with me, experienced the atmosphere personally, and had a great time. A small step, indeed, but Rome was not built in a day!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    I brought my 17 year old daughter to her first CFL game, she enjoyed it, and will come back. When she posted to her friends that she was going, she was teased because 'no one cares about the CFL'. So there you go...despite her peers not being supportive (which means everything at that age), she will attend future games. Why? Because she actually came to the game with me, experienced the atmosphere personally, and had a great time. A small step, indeed, but Rome was not built in a day!
    Nice !

CFL fans need to fight back against the wannabe & NFL fan-boys types who , like good little sheep, have been sold a bill of goods that the CFL is not worthy of their attention. Staying silent is not good enough - you're either in, or in the way. The little dweebs who look down on the CFL must mostly come from families of American hero worshippers / pulp culture victims. They are also led on by many in our own media up here.

My 25 year old daughter has gone to RedBlacks games this year and last; she knows I'm a big CFL fan and I took her to a game a few years back, but now she will go with her own friends; her ex-boyfriend was from the Hammer and is a Ticats fan - I think he was an even bigger NFL fan, but he was still a fan of the CFL and went to games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    I started going to Argo games with my dad in the late 1970’s and was hooked, loved spending time with him it was the best!!
    Now I go to Argo games with my sons, my older boy is a diehard Hamilton fan and my younger guy is a casual Argo fan.
    The most important thing to me is they still enjoy spending time with me at 20 and 18 years of age……priceless.
    Thank you for sharing your story, hope you and your daughter enjoy many more Argo games together!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions