Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo
NONE of those American CFL teams featured a single Canadian player in their line-ups ... because none, zero, zip ,nadda Canadian players got try-outs with those teams. The rosters of those American CFL teams, outside of the top 10 to 15 starters or so (more on Baltimore) featured players who were average to mediocre at best and nowhere near as good as some of the Canadian talent in the league .... who those American teams were ignorant of or chose to discount as guys who could have helped their rosters.
How many really good Canadians were actually available? All the good ones were already likely under contract when the Stallions started. I would say the players that you deemed to be mediocre was a lot better than the Canadians that were actually available to them. Personally, I think it's a good thing the US expansion didn't last longer. The unfair playing field would have gotten worse and worse, and I think the only option to level the playing field would have been to get rid of the Canadian quota for Canadian based teams as well. That would have been the death of the league, because then it would truly have become a 2nd tier American league.