Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    A large professionally well run organization, when looking for a senior staff person, normally engages a consulting firm (head hunter) to help the organization select the most appropriate individual. Usually, it involves the consulting firm, first attempting to determine the ethos and culture of the organization. After that, they will identify what the successful candidate is expected to achieve (goals and objectives) on behalf of the organization. From that and in consultation with the Board, they will establish the criteria that a successful candidate must meet. Then the consulting firm will identify a potential short list before interviews can commence.

The above is a very simplified description of the process that most successful organizations follow, when going through the hiring of a top executive. Sometimes when one has an organization like the CFL, with its 9 strong willed owners, it is absolutely necessary to establish all the ground rules, procedures and processes before entering into the exercise of choosing a new CEO.

Hopefully, they get it right this time.

It'a just this kind of thing, that this league usually f's up. Good people under their nose, in a unique league that needs people that understand 'unique.'

Man, did they ever luck out with Cohon. But....

we'll probably get some puppet egg head.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    It'a just this kind of thing, that this league usually f's up. Good people under their nose, in a unique league that needs people that understand 'unique.'

Man, did they ever luck out with Cohon. But....

we'll probably get some puppet egg head.
    So true. I had nothing against Orridge personally, but was quite shocked when he was chosen by the Good Old Boys. I accepted the line that he was some kind of new whiz person that was needed for the League going forward. My gut told me different after listening to him however. But one doesn't want to be critical to get in trouble with the political correctness crowd so I don't think I said too much against his policies, even though to me it didn't look like a good fit. That term "wasn't a good fit" sure covered a lot of territory.
    Hopefully the Good Old Boys will finally hire somebody who can herd cats and make this League great again. I don't know if that person exists though.