Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
Some rambling thoughts------Basically Hamilton is better than the Argos almost man to man. Masoli used his mobility to provide the time for his receivers to get in the clear. Yell had trouble covering his receiver all night. Franklin had a so-so game. One time he tried to force a pass to Green and Carter was streaking down the field behind coverage. Carter was waving for the ball but Franklin had locked into Green.

On two occasions, the coaches were late sending an offensive player in. Once it resulted in the QB calling a time out and another a too many men penalty. One could also question the offensive play calling. Too many times when 10 yards were needed for a first down, the pass was for 5 yards.

To be competitive, the team needs upgrades at DE's, at DB's, at OL and with some of the coaching areas
I agree with pretty well all of this. I also saw Burks wide open up the left sideline once, on a play where JF seemed to lock in immediately on the short middle route. He rotated between deciding too quickly on the target, and not deciding quickly enough -- most of the sacks we allowed were on the QB, IMO. That said, I still believe JF has potential to develop into an excellent QB but he will need to be coached well, and it's debatable how much coaching any of the players are getting this season. (Himebauch does seems to coach the crap out of the o-linemen on the sidelines during games, tho.)

Everyone's favourite punching bag Arash Madani tweeted last night that either Popp or Trestman won't be back and there is a lot of friction between Argo management (presumably one or both of those guys) and MLSE (presumably Manning). If it comes down to a power struggle, clearly Manning will win. I suspect a rift has developed between coach and GM -- it's the only logical explanation for the whole Carter situation. It's too bad the Argos have fallen so far in the local sporting pantheon that there are no serious reporters working the beat who could delve into this. The only good reporters around the team regularly (Naylor and Ralph) have league-wide coverage responsibilities and can't spend all of their time covering the inner workings of the Argos.