Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
ArgoGabe is correct in stating the move to the Dome was ultimately a bad move. However, when the move was initiated, it was considered by most as an excellent move, especially after considering the Fog Bowl, which motivated the move in the first place. I know I am in a minority, but I never considered the sight lines as being that bad. The real problem came when the evil empire (Rogers) bought the Dome for a pittance and then proceeded to make life for the team and its fans an absolute misery. Anyone remember a game being shoved out so a kid's show ( the Wiggles?) could be accommodated!!
The SkyDome was built largely because of the 1982 Grey Cup (a.k.a. The Rain Bowl), which started off great with conditions deteriorating horribly in the 2nd half. Paul Godfrey, who was Metro Chair at the time, used the 1982 Grey Cup as the impetus to have a new domed stadium built for his beloved Blue Jays and the inevitable NFL franchise that would arrive in Toronto.

The Wiggles debacle happened in the 2004 playoffs. The Argos had to play the East semi-final against Hamilton on a Friday night at SkyDome. Over 37k turned out and the TV ratings on CBC were great too so a Friday night playoff game wasn't the worst thing to happen although it wasn't the #1 choice for when to play that game.