Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Orr was arguably the greatest hockey talent ever - he played basically on one leg for Canada in 76 and was the Canada Cup MVP on a team Canada that was (arguably) quite a bit better than the 72 squad, and is considered by some (myself included) to be the best hockey team ever.
    You speak the gospel. I didn't mention Orr because he wasn't specifically excluded from the team and there was some hope he might have played in the series when they got to Moscow.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    You speak the gospel. I didn't mention Orr because he wasn't specifically excluded from the team and there was some hope he might have played in the series when they got to Moscow.

Yes - Orr was injured.

Orr AND Bobby Hull on that 72 Team Canada and maybe they win that series quite handily - though the Russians may have shocked them for an early win or 2 with their different style play and far superior conditioning; Orr could control games - the Russians would not have had the puck near as much with Orr on the ice; and Hull was one of the all-time great goal scorers. Both those guys in their prime unable to suit up for Canada in 72 = incredible talent not there.