Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
Well the comparison to the Leafs is abit ridiculous - the Leafs haven't won a Stanley Cup in 56 years, the Argos won the Grey Cup last year! Plus the Leafs have been knocked out the playoffs in the first round for 6 years and only managed to get out of the first round last year. The Leafs chocking for 7 years is not the same as the Argos losing the Eastern Final this year.

If the Argos continue to be a good, competitive team in the next few years hopefully they can really build their fanbase.
You misunderstood what I was trying to say. This year the Argos blew it just like the Leafs have done so often in the last half century against a team that is nowhere near its talent level. This was not a comparison of the histories of the two teams in the last half century plus. Furthermore, I'll be back next year, regardless of this year's disappointing end. Hell, I was a fan since 1959, sticking it out through the 1953-1982 Grey Cup famine. It is the opportunity to increase the fan base that most disappointed me when a crowd almost double the season average showed and the Argos had a clunker that is not likely to convert many new fans.