Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    As Wylie is a veteran, I am pretty sure that the Argos couldn't just release him when he was injured in training camp. They had to wait for him to get healthy before cutting him loose. Certainly, the play of other receivers and Martese Jackson made this an easy move.
    That is a good point. Can someone clarify the rules around releasing players, rookies vs vets with "X" number of years?

Thanks
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    That is a good point. Can someone clarify the rules around releasing players, rookies vs vets with "X" number of years?

Thanks
    I believe if you are a vet and you are released prior to Labour Day, the team does not have to pay you. If you are a vet and released after Labour Day the team is obligated to pay your salary until the end of the season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I see the ego-Jones Riders have cut Linden Gaydosh - former 1st round pick and one of the highest rated DTs for the CFL draft in the past number of years; Gaydosh had injury issues - in his NFL shot with the Panthers, then with the Ticats, and I guess now still with the Riders this year ? Could be the guy is done due to injury problems, or maybe he just doesn't have it at the pro level? But I wouldn't trust ego-Jones on evaluating Canadian talent and would bring in Gaydosh for a look - costs nothing and in a big area of Argo need now - DT - Waud hurt again?; what up with Cash? Butler still out. Finley and the rookie import DT are doing just ok, and IMO they need help.