Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The guy she was co-hosting with is Derek Taylor who is a huge CFL fan and compiles some incredible stats about the league which he shares on Twitter. I guess that he didn't want to be confrontational in that moment.
    Im sorry Taylor doesnt get a free pass, he is an idiot for not saying anything. Especially if he is Mr CFL Statistics, "a CFL stat fetishist". hardly.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    So let me guess, TSN isn't going to address this. They're just going to ignore it and hope that it goes away.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Im sorry Taylor doesnt get a free pass, he is an idiot for not saying anything. Especially if he is Mr CFL Statistics, "a CFL stat fetishist". hardly.
    Bingo! - he's a wimp/pansy for not defending something he supposedly cares about so much from ignorance.

Just like the people who are afraid to reply to wannabes in their work-place who mock or put-down the CFL; to each his own ways but I love to tell those types to have a cup of STFU and see what they have to say then. Big-mouth wannabes, like bullies, count on people being meek or not defending things they care about, and the typical wannabe clowns who like to run their yaps with really negative comments about the CFL expect to usually get away with it without being challenged - a punch in those yaps is good IMO.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Just like the people who are afraid to reply to wannabes in their work-place who mock or put-down the CFL; to each his own ways but I love to tell those types to have a cup of STFU and see what they have to say then. Big-mouth wannabes, like bullies, count on people being meek or not defending things they care about, and the typical wannabe clowns who like to run their yaps with really negative comments about the CFL expect to usually get away with it without being challenged - a punch in those yaps is good IMO.
    Totally true, you have to fight back (with facts) or the abuse continues. It's always funny to watch them back peddle as they are not used to having to defend the opinion and have no facts at hand to prove the point and are easily made to look hypocritical and stupid.

The argument you hear often is "it isn't the best" and "I only follow the best" For the soccer people the argument I used was for years La Liga (Spain) and the Bundesliga (Germany) were rated better leagues with better players and competitiveness than the EPL (England). Does that mean you can't watch the EPL (or MLS for that matter)

Just remember the people you are dealing with are attracted by puppy dogs and shiny objects, if you're prepared, they're easy pickins.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    Totally true, you have to fight back (with facts) or the abuse continues. It's always funny to watch them back peddle as they are not used to having to defend the opinion and have no facts at hand to prove the point and are easily made to look hypocritical and stupid.

The argument you hear often is "it isn't the best" and "I only follow the best" For the soccer people the argument I used was for years La Liga (Spain) and the Bundesliga (Germany) were rated better leagues with better players and competitiveness than the EPL (England). Does that mean you can't watch the EPL (or MLS for that matter)

Just remember the people you are dealing with are attracted by puppy dogs and shiny objects, if you're prepared, they're easy pickins.
    Yeah as soon as I go to these Facts they usually back down / shut up:

Highest level of Canadian Rules Football in the world.

Second highest Sports TV Ratings in Canada. (NHL is # 1)

If you like football, why wouldn't you want more football? Especially in the Summer.