Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    Your sugar coating the issue a bit there T-Bone. We both know that if the Argos even played an exhibition game at BMO using the smaller field surface, that the RED Patch Boys and all the other TFC supporter groups, would be out in front of BMO protesting the game. Protesting another T.O team. You know its true as they had their protest plans already to go. They don't care about the nationals and the rugby team, as they are not threats. The Argos are. TFC fans think they own the public BMO stadium, we both know this to be true. i used to go to TFC games in their 1st and second year, the hatred by some of their fans to the Argos and CFL is palpable, you can feel it if you ever wear any CFL branding to any TFC game. It's so very very sad
    You are correct that TFC fans don't care about The Nationals or the Canadian National Rugby Union team playing at BMO Field because those teams don't need to retrofit the building to play there. The only threat the Argos pose to TFC fans is the changes to BMO Field if they were to move in, which is the point I have already made. Since that threat was pretty much neutralized on December 16, 2009 I haven't seen any protest at BMO Field regarding the Argos.

Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    i highly doubt the tfc fans dont want the argos there just because the sightlines of the "pitch"...its more then that
    The only other reason I can think of that TFC fans would be upset with modifications of BMO Field to accommodate the Argos is that the building was the first ever soccer specific stadium in the country. It is sort of a symbol of a new era for soccer in Canada a sport that has been underrated for far longer in this country than the Argos have been in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    also, a "pitch" is what a person throws over home plate to a batter
    It's your choice to be ignorant of the multiple definitions of the word however it will not stop others from using them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    You are correct that TFC fans don't care about The Nationals
    lacrosse
    or the Canadian National Rugby Union team
    rugby

the building was the first ever soccer specific stadium in the country.
    Apparently not.

It is sort of a symbol of a new era for soccer in Canada a sport that has been underrated for far longer in this country than the Argos have been in Toronto.
    T-Bone, as usual you make many good points but it's hard to understand what you mean by this. The Argos have been in Toronto since 1873. Have soccer fans been grumbling about a lack of respect since 1872?

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Apparently not.
    Just because the building can accommodate other sports doesn't mean the building is not soccer specific. The building was designed for soccer and it is called the National Soccer Stadium for FIFA International Matches.

Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    T-Bone, as usual you make many good points but it's hard to understand what you mean by this. The Argos have been in Toronto since 1873. Have soccer fans been grumbling about a lack of respect since 1872?
    Have Argo fans been grumbling about a lack of respect since 1873? I thought the Argos were well respected in this city and it wasn't until more recently that Argos fans started feeling disrespected.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    It's your choice to be ignorant of the multiple definitions of the word however it will not stop others from using them.
    it was a friggin joke dude.....lighten up...i would think the "quotation marks" would have made it obvious....
    Last edited by matchuk; 01-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.