Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Loved watching this defence again tonight and Wilder is playing like the player we hoped he would be. Now, turn those 3's into 7's and this team will be able to roll with the top teams in this league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    a good win for the team, but a lot of points that should have been scored that weren't. Need to finish more drives- plus you have to remember that this came over a Montreal team that is playing terrible football lately. Next week's game will be a major deciding factor as Hamilton is on a roll lately and the Argos lost their last trip into Hamilton. Argos lost the second half of this game - either because they took their foot off the gas pedal, or they got figured out by the opposition.
    It was great to see Kackert at the game. He wandered down the stairs in my section and I was the first to recognize him and call his name, so then the entire section of people started standing and calling him.

Boatman
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Loved watching this defence again tonight and Wilder is playing like the player we hoped he would be. Now, turn those 3's into 7's and this team will be able to roll with the top teams in this league.
    feels like Argos were holding back some stuff to not provide TiCats with film! ........... have to say it again. Blocking was good last night

Boatman
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    turning those 3's into 7's has a lot to do with the play calling ...... just saying. It is not just execution.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cfl-cis fan View Post
    turning those 3's into 7's has a lot to do with the play calling ...... just saying. It is not just execution.
    One of the threes happened because RR very slightly overthrew Green at the goal line. Nothing wrong with that play call.

I'm with argolio -- there's really nothing to complain about after a blowout win (and despite the score, it was a blowout -- I felt worried for all of the minute or two between Jackson's fumble and Wilder's TD). I'm worried about the passing game being in a slump, but I don't think it is play selection. I think it's combination of RR being dinged up and tired, the o-line being better suited to run blocking, a lack of serious speed at WR and the loss of a very valuable and versatile weapon in Coombs.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    One of the threes happened because RR very slightly overthrew Green at the goal line. Nothing wrong with that play call.

I'm with argolio -- there's really nothing to complain about after a blowout win (and despite the score, it was a blowout -- I felt worried for all of the minute or two between Jackson's fumble and Wilder's TD). I'm worried about the passing game being in a slump, but I don't think it is play selection. I think it's combination of RR being dinged up and tired, the o-line being better suited to run blocking, a lack of serious speed at WR and the loss of a very valuable and versatile weapon in Coombs.

Sanders didn't make much of a difference at wide out on Saturday. I got to wondering if moving Whitacker into Coombs spot thereby getting Wilder and BWhit on the field at the same time, could be an angle. With Plumber hurt and Herdman looking decent in his place, that ratio may be available to them. Or, Ralph played outside in Pre-Season did he not? Williams or Noel are other options there also. Just thinking outside the box. Trying to think of ways in getting the best guys on the field for the push to the playoffs.

The Coach will have to be inventive in the D.Backfield also.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Sanders didn't make much of a difference at wide out on Saturday. I got to wondering if moving Whitacker into Coombs spot thereby getting Wilder and BWhit on the field at the same time, could be an angle. With Plumber hurt and Herdman looking decent in his place, that ratio may be available to them. Or, Ralph played outside in Pre-Season did he not? Williams or Noel are other options there also. Just thinking outside the box. Trying to think of ways in getting the best guys on the field for the push to the playoffs.

The Coach will have to be inventive in the D.Backfield also.
    I posted all day on twitter yesterday the thought of moving Whitaker to Coombs spot and moving Williams or Noel to the Z spot on O. Do great minds think alike here?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I posted all day on twitter yesterday the thought of moving Whitaker to Coombs spot and moving Williams or Noel to the Z spot on O. Do great minds think alike here?
    promise, wasn't plagiarizing (;

reminds one of moving Clemons over to the slot. BWhit is such a smart football player, but how do you deny Wilder time? love to see this with Coombs out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think that's a great idea. Whitaker is a good receiver coming out of the back field so why couldn't he be more effective in place of Coombs. Or McDaniel getting some time there with Williams or Ralph in place of Posey or Sanders. I do get a little tired of seeing TD passes going through Posey's hands in the end zone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I think that's a great idea. Whitaker is a good receiver coming out of the back field so why couldn't he be more effective in place of Coombs. Or McDaniel getting some time there with Williams or Ralph in place of Posey or Sanders. I do get a little tired of seeing TD passes going through Posey's hands in the end zone.
    I disagree about Posey. He caught a pair of TD passes as recently as Labour Day. Would love to see Williams and Noel split time at wide out with Whittaker playing slot. As stated earlier, the Colonel did not stand out in his first game.