Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Matthew Barnaby, Brandon Marshall and Genie Bouchard were all in attendance. It's the Flutie affect. I'm also convinced there were more than 10k bobble heads because at halftime, people came back with more bobble heads, as if there were extras laying around.

But what garbage from 3DN - http://3downnation.com/2017/07/24/he...rd-argos-game/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Two more things: Malcolm Williams looked smooth and comfortable out there, and I don't think he had any dropped passes. Great debut. Noel is fantastic on kick coverage and I think that's one reason Williams is playing receiver ahead of him. Keeps him fresh for the important role of mowing down returners.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Great takes guys and while I didn’t see Bear Woods scrounging the bags for his helmet, good on our training staff, etc. for doing that!

Also great to see Paul Woods providing commentary in the halftime tribute to the 1996-1997 teams!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Two more things: Malcolm Williams looked smooth and comfortable out there, and I don't think he had any dropped passes. Great debut. Noel is fantastic on kick coverage and I think that's one reason Williams is playing receiver ahead of him. Keeps him fresh for the important role of mowing down returners.
    Also, Paul Woods did a fine job on the 96-97 Argos during the half time tribute!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    That halftime video was nuts. I thought maybe they'd use a brief clip from my interview -- I did not expect to get as much airtime as Pinball! It's very weird to see your head a couple of storeys tall . . .
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    My 2 cents (maybe we should change that to 5 cents now) lol

Was happy to see Malcolm Williams get the start at WR. Thought he showed what we saw in the pre-season game, good hands and speed to go with his 6'3 220 size. That should become a Canadian position now and they have depth there in Ralph and Noel. Don't know where Brian Jones fits in with this team. Green, Edwards, Posey or Fuller with Paden in that order for the imports. I thought Ottawa DB's covered very well and have seemed to have replaced the three guys they lost to the NFL. Not a lot of room for Green and company in this game.

Thought Will Campbell played a strong game at Left Tackle. Don't remember seeing him get beat on the pass rush. Washington looked kind of long faced on the side lines so he may see the writing on the wall that he has lost his job at LT. I thought maybe they could move him over to Right Guard and still start seven Canadians but apparently Trestman wants to keep that covered with Deane and Watman. I thought the line looked its strongest when Campbell, Holmes. McEwen, Deane and Van Zeyl were the unit. Deane does takes some penalties, but he is definitely bigger, stronger and more experienced than Watman. A rotation can work there I guess depending on the situation.

Good to see Trestman getting some of the young players on the game day roster and giving them some minutes. Foster looks too small to play DE in the pros but he has a good first step and speed off the edge. More LB size though at maybe 5'11 225. Onyeka has about the right size 6' 210 to play OLB along with some speed and aggressive attitude. They both should be fixtures on special teams as well.
    Findley has played well and hopefully Waud can get into the lineup soon to be the next man up for Laing. Not good when you see Cleyon on crutches and wearing a knee brace . Could be at least a six game issue. We also need Alan Cash or Bishop back at one DT position.
    Hope Butler isn't out too long as he has been outstanding at DE, not only for his sacks but how he was making a lot of tackles sliding down the line. Lemon has been just ok IMO not dominating like he has in the past. He needs to step it up if Butler is out very long.
    Ball, Woods, Murray, Sears, Owusu-Ansah and Vaughan are all solid experienced pros and along with Harris and Gabriel have become a very solid defense IMO. But we have to see if the next guys up like Davis and Tuggle can to the job. I think they are good players from seeing them a few times, but they are back ups for a reason I guess.

Don't know who the main RB is going forward. I really like Wilder if used on pass and Yac yards. He is a tough guy to bring down when he get going in some open space. However hasn't shown he can hit the holes inside or cut back. A healthy Whitaker would help to rotate with him. Coombes isn't answer inside but is turning into what I thought he would be. A good receiver who can pick up good yac yards. McDaniel looks like a quick little guy but I don't know if he is the answer. Maybe the best RB this year isn't on the roster yet. Over to Jim Popp on that one.

The fact that Prukop is on the roster may mean they really like his potential ahead of Mathews, or maybe just the fact he needs the experience and Mathews is always there if Ricky goes down.

We also have a very good long snapper and kicker. Who did I miss. Ricky is still very good. Woodson has potential to play at Safety if needed. Jamal Campbell should be the eventual replacement for Van Zeyl at RT, but just not yet. I like Jackson as a kick returner and a good little guy to slip into the offense once in a while. He's always a threat to break one.

We're talking about a pretty good Football team here when everybody is healthy and maybe add a piece or two in September.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    That halftime video was nuts. I thought maybe they'd use a brief clip from my interview -- I did not expect to get as much airtime as Pinball! It's very weird to see your head a couple of storeys tall . . .
    The big three of the Argos glory days – Mike O’Shea, Pinball Clemons and Paul Woods. Hahah

I kid – the video was very very cool. Those are the years I started watching this team and got hooked.Those years made up for several years of mediocrity that followed that’s for sure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Glad they pulled out the win, but was afraid they were going to blow it when Ottawa tied it up late.
    So far ...not a fan of Wilder. We need Whitaker there as much as possible.
    Being stuck in the hospital, this is the first home game I remember watching on tv in a couple decades, and it makes me embarassed to be a Torontonian to see what the stands look like. I know that line belongs in that other thread

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Surprised no one mentioned the interesting anthem sung by Diane Clemons. Pinball's reaction on videoscreen was priceless.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Fuller has to start making some of those big catches...I know that they are tough ones but he's had 2 hands on both of them!
    Catchable, but 50/50 balls are not easy.
    He made a great block to spring Wilder and keep a TD drive going. If Gurley and Elliott tried that hard to help their teammates they would likely still be playing somewhere.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Surprised no one mentioned the interesting anthem sung by Diane Clemons. Pinball's reaction on videoscreen was priceless.
    Ok, she's Pinner's wife, but I've never been a fan of her anthem creativity. She did look good though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Also, Paul Woods did a fine job on the 96-97 Argos during the half time tribute!
    I could have sworn you boo'd him every time he was on the board. 😂😂😂

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I could have sworn you boo'd him every time he was on the board. 
    Thanks for selling me out big guy!

Don
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ok, she's Pinner's wife, but I've never been a fan of her anthem creativity. She did look good though.
    Neither am I.
    I'm not sure Pinball was either.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Excellent summary, doubleblue. I tried to watch Fuller during the game. He made some good catches but seldom got good separation. It appears he may have lost a step. At the moment, Edwards looks like the only legitimate deep threat.

Tuggle and Davis both seemed to perform well when playing in the second half. Tuggle seems to have good speed. There was one play, when he used that speed to step in front of a receiver and knock the ball away--not bad for a 6'3 247 lb LB.

Did notice that Deane and Watman rotated at RG. Wonder if this is a way of working Deane into the lineup?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    they should never allow someone to sing without music behind them. That's when you get singers who do not keep pace. She has a good voice but for music...you need timing to be right. Not all over the place. I just barely caught Pinball's reaction. Wonder if he's sleeping on the couch tonight

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Matthew Barnaby, Brandon Marshall and Genie Bouchard were all in attendance. It's the Flutie affect. I'm also convinced there were more than 10k bobble heads because at halftime, people came back with more bobble heads, as if there were extras laying around.

But what garbage from 3DN - http://3downnation.com/2017/07/24/he...rd-argos-game/
    What a bizarre article!
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Catchable, but 50/50 balls are not easy.
    He made a great block to spring Wilder and keep a TD drive going. If Gurley and Elliott tried that hard to help their teammates they would likely still be playing somewhere.
    Was thinking the same thing about Fuller, AV. His block was crucial and the opposing DBs get paid to play too.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level

I thought Van Zeyl had a lousy game, actually. Noticed he was responsible for one costly penalty, and I blame him for the botched 3rd and inches. That coulda been the game right there.

I like Wilder and want him to stay on the field. I'd prefer more north south, but he's still pretty good. Good game, Coombs. Happy for Malcolm Williams. Marcus Ball had a big game.

All things considered, that was a game we should have won handily and we barely squeaked it out. I realize the loss of three defensive starters made for a tough situation, but so far this season we've been an average team, at best. Defense needs to play all four quarters, receivers need to catch those easy balls in the red zone, and the O line needs better protection for Ricky.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    What a bizarre article!
    Drew Edwards admitted to writing the blog in the comments. It was supposed to be humorous and/or "tongue in cheek" but it missed the mark for many, including me. It was stupid.