Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Maybe not, but the players association has to do a better job during the next CBA and not capitulate like they did under the current version.
    I would also be in favour of the franchise player rule excluded from the cap, with a max of $750K.
    Problem is, as Paul mentioned above, the majority of American players are not on the same page as the Canadian players. The majority of the American players are still of the belief that they need to get more film for the hope to make it back to the NFL. Those players will not play hard ball against the owners, and thus, the cap will not go up significantly. I think the best anyone can really hope for would be a 7M cap, and that`s only with a significant increase in a TV deal.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Problem is, as Paul mentioned above, the majority of American players are not on the same page as the Canadian players. The majority of the American players are still of the belief that they need to get more film for the hope to make it back to the NFL. Those players will not play hard ball against the owners, and thus, the cap will not go up significantly. I think the best anyone can really hope for would be a 7M cap, and that`s only with a significant increase in a TV deal.
    TSN deal ends in 2021, and the Espn deal ends after this upcoming season. I wonder if the League sticks exclusively with TSN after 2021, orginally the new deal was supposed to end after 2018, but the extension was signed not long after the Bell and Tanenbaum sale announcement, one guess as to why the extension occurred when it did. With Rogers now owning a piece of the Argos, and talks of a tenth team, will the deal be split between the two ? Could another media outlet come into play ? Will the CFL have their own digital platform similar to NLLTV ?

It'll be interesting to see if/how much the League grows within the next 5 years.