Thread: Argo Hype

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    It has always been my philosophy that the buck rests with the top person (CEO). If Copeland is unable or unwilling to try to influence Bell, to persuade their outlet (CFTO) to give the Argos, good coverage, then one must question his priorities. Copeland may wish to delegate that line of communication but it is always more effective when the CEO directly intercedes with the top brass of the parent organization.

To have all sorts of sports headlined in the sports section of the CFTO News Hour but not to even make a passing mention of the upcoming Argo game, beggars belief. If this were a Rogers owned outlet, one could understand but this is a Bell owned station---unbelievable!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    It has always been my philosophy that the buck rests with the top person (CEO). If Copeland is unable or unwilling to try to influence Bell, to persuade their outlet (CFTO) to give the Argos, good coverage, then one must question his priorities. Copeland may wish to delegate that line of communication but it is always more effective when the CEO directly intercedes with the top brass of the parent organization.

To have all sorts of sports headlined in the sports section of the CFTO News Hour but not to even make a passing mention of the upcoming Argo game, beggars belief. If this were a Rogers owned outlet, one could understand but this is a Bell owned station---unbelievable!
    But they did give the Argonauts coverage. How many times are they supposed to run the same exact story? And how do you know what Copeland has or hasn't done?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Obviously I'm not doing a very good job of outlining the issue/concerns. So here goes again (hopefully more successfully):
    .CFTO, a Bell owned station, on the Sunday evening sports segment of their news hour, made no mention of the Argo game on Monday
    .The sports broadcaster covered a myriad of other sports quite extensively
    .The Argos are in desperate need for media coverage--yet got none on the sports segment of the CFTO news on Sunday
    .CFTO may have covered the Flutie/Bubblehead item the week before but said nothing about the game itself on the crucial day preceding the game

As far as Copeland is concerned, I have no idea, what he has or hasn't done but judging solely by results, he has been spectacularly unsuccessful at getting the team broad and acceptable media coverage. As the CEO he has to recognize that this is a priority and must accept the success or lack of success at achieving this goal.

That's my last attempt at explaining my concern re. the absence of any mention of the Argos on CFTO's Sunday's sports segment. My apologies at any lack of clarity in articulating the essence of the concern.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Obviously I'm not doing a very good job of outlining the issue/concerns. So here goes again (hopefully more successfully):
    .CFTO, a Bell owned station, on the Sunday evening sports segment of their news hour, made no mention of the Argo game on Monday
    .The Argos are in desperate need for media coverage--yet got none on the sports segment of the CFTO news on Sunday
    .CFTO may have covered the Flutie/Bubblehead item the week before but said nothing about the game itself on the crucial day preceding the game

As far as Copeland is concerned, I have no idea, what he has or hasn't done but judging solely by results, he has been spectacularly unsuccessful at getting the team broad and acceptable media coverage. As the CEO he has to recognize that this is a priority and must accept the success or lack of success at achieving this goal.

That's my last attempt at explaining my concern re. the absence of any mention of the Argos on CFTO's Sunday's sports segment. My apologies at any lack of clarity in articulating the essence of the concern.

Oh, I for one, read you loud & clear and got the point.

A major media outlet made ZERO mention of the Argos - a local, historic team - and an upcoming Argo game, while at the same time reporting on all sort of other sports (let me guess - a lot of it American or "World" sports news?). AND this media outlet might be able to be influenced by Argo ownership (it would seem logical ?)

That this snub could happen is (IMO) almost beyond belief. But a shrug of the shoulders acceptance of the situation by many, might be a part of the problem = Argos getting little respect/recognition/coverage in their own city.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

CFTO News is doing a live segment from the Tailgate and the Game

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

I'm with you on this Shatto, no excuses for not mentioning this game during the telecast.
    Not buying the busy sports day so no time to mention it take on it as well, simply can't afford to cut any corners in regards to getting the message out there.
    TSN 1050 has however done a good job today in mentioning this game, Clemons and Flutie both interviewed with some interesting insight.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions