Threaded View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Yeah - nice call by doubleblue if the signing happens; have to think the guy with NFL experience is going to command or want decent to big CFL buck$ to sign though? Westerman would definitely be a DE only in the CFL IMO. Maybe the Argos could go with 2 NI DEs in him and Foley - that would boggle some CFL good ole boy minds; Okpo was a force at DE last year - doubt he gets cut; but i guess a trio of him + Foley & Westerman in a DE rotation would be pretty nice to have, on paper anyways.

Foley & Westerman at DE; Laing (backed by a draft pick) at a DT spot; Greenwood at MLB; Gabriel at safety; Matt Black gets a shot to play corner = 6 NI starters on D = just mind boggling / LOL.
    Hold the applause until he is signed. Remember how Austin Collie was "signed" by the Montreal and turned up in BC. Westerman's brother plays for the Lions, so that could be a factor.
    I am hoping OV that the Argos can nab big DT Mendi Abdesmad 6'7 297 out of Boston in a second or third round. He's recovering from an early 2014 season injury and might not be ready to start the season, but would be worth waiting for IMO. But I have also heard he might be granted another year at Boston because of the injury.
    I would not be surprised if there are a few more players like this kid out of Michigan State, Matt Rea, that remember that they have Canadian roots and let it be known to the CFL clubs. Maybe even a few who have had NFL tryouts and would now be Free Agents like Westerman. Lets see, we need a Right Guard about 6'3 295 and maybe a big 6'3 220 WR for a start with a couple of NFL camp experiences.
    Last edited by doubleblue; 03-28-2015 at 06:01 PM. Reason: spelling