Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Wow I can't...hahaha, just kidding!!! Actually looks better to me in those shots. Not as legoland like. I love the shot with the old buildings and the new stadium. TO does that well as it respects old buildings yet builds some cool new ones. Vancouver for example tends to look mostly like one big mirror downtown.
    Actually Toronto is not known as a city that has preserved their old buildings compared with other cities in North America.Toronto tore down many of their art deco style buildings from the early 20th century in the downtown core to make the same glass towers that you speak of in Vancouver. It looks like a South Asian city in terms of architecture. Other than Old City Hall and the Royal York, I think there is nothing aesthetically pleasing about downtown architecture, but that's my opinion....the flat iron building is also pretty interesting, and I'm sure there are a few other small buildings. I also like the character of those CNE buildings that mimic 19th century buildings where the firehall and mobile police station are located.

I actually don't mind BMO field at all, the concourse will be as wide as Tim Hortons Field, and it holds more in capacity. The roof will also make it more comfortable for fans in foul weather games shielding the sun, rain and snow. Real football in a real football stadium with seats running parallel to the field not in a bowl configuration which puts fans 50 yds away from the field at the 55 yd line will be great.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    Actually Toronto is not known as a city that has preserved their old buildings compared with other cities in North America.Toronto tore down many of their art deco style buildings from the early 20th century in the downtown core to make the same glass towers that you speak of in Vancouver. It looks like a South Asian city in terms of architecture. Other than Old City Hall and the Royal York, I think there is nothing aesthetically pleasing about downtown architecture, but that's my opinion....the flat iron building is also pretty interesting, and I'm sure there are a few other small buildings. I also like the character of those CNE buildings that mimic 19th century buildings where the firehall and mobile police station are located.

I actually don't mind BMO field at all, the concourse will be as wide as Tim Hortons Field, and it holds more in capacity. The roof will also make it more comfortable for fans in foul weather games shielding the sun, rain and snow. Real football in a real football stadium with seats running parallel to the field not in a bowl configuration which puts fans 50 yds away from the field at the 55 yd line will be great.
    You forgot Union Station, Queens Park, The Hockey Hall of Fame... Also there is a building facade that was preserved inside the indoor atrium on the walk to the HHOF.
    Last edited by Neely2005; 01-14-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    It's curious that the roof has a downward slope and then angles up again as it gets closer to the field. Drainage issues, I guess. But it looks like if you're in the very top row you could practically touch the roof. That won't be a very pleasant experience, especially for the claustrophobic.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Plenty of cool old buildings downtown. When I'm in the downtown core I never do anything but walk. TO also builds up from old buildings such as such as One Kind West Hotel. Keep the old feel from when it was a bank to the hotel it is today. Too many new mirrored buildings especially around the dome.

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Looks like the major roof loads are now transferred to the super columns on both sides. The blue temp columns days are numbered.