Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
So why would he be named the backup if not for his talent? there is no advantage or incentive to have a Canadian, he doesn't count against the ratio.
CFL teams will start giving "top notch" Canadian QB talent a real shot if they can find "top notch" Canadian QBs.
CIS QBs may shine in the CIS but they don't face the talent that an NCAA QB has to face, the bigger stronger defences, faster strong pass rushes, longer season more games and longer practice schedules, NCAA QBs are better coached and it's a full time job when you get an NCAA scholarship.
CIS QBs are usually in shock when they get to a CFL training camp and they are facing the bigger, faster, stronger ex-NFL or ex NCAA defences, they have never had to face players of that quality.
Sorry but CIS QBs just don't match up against the superior NCAA and ex-NFL QBs. I think it's great that Buckley has overcome the adversity and earned a backup in the CFL.
Buckley proves the point you are trying to make that the CFL does give "top notch" QB talent a real shot. Too bad there are not more "top notch" Canadians out there.
I think I'll stay out of this one. The new me.