Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    They more than make up for it after their entry level Average Canadian starters that are veterans are among the higher paid players in the league. Back up Canadian players make more than back up American players. You can believe what you want.

And the highest paid job in the league, by far - QB - has been reserved for Americans only for basically decades.

CFL teams pay veteran American QBs, some of who are not that good or on the downside of their careers, a huge amount of their $MS, and American players eat up way more of a CFL team's $MS than Canadian players do (and again, with no CFL salary documentation this is all guessing, but I'd bet on it). But your typical conservative values, free market worshippers are all aghast that a few Canadian O-Linemen or a few veteran Canadian depth guys make good or above average CFL bucks (and when nothing forced some clueless CFL GM to pay them good buck$ or anything). What a crock of fairy tale $hite/ bill of goods some CFL fans have been sold.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    And the highest paid job in the league, by far - QB - has been reserved for Americans only for basically decades.

CFL teams pay veteran American QBs, some of who are not that good or on the downside of their careers, a huge amount of their $MS, and American players eat up way more of a CFL team's $MS than Canadian players do (and again, with no CFL salary documentation this is all guessing, but I'd bet on it). But your typical conservative values, free market worshippers are all aghast that a few Canadian O-Linemen or a few veteran Canadian depth guys make good or above average CFL bucks (and when nothing forced some clueless CFL GM to pay them good buck$ or anything). What a crock of fairy tale $hite/ bill of goods some CFL fans have been sold.
    I have never had a problem with Canadian players making more than American players. My problem is with your baseless point of view. I am on record as saying the ratio should go up and not down. You are just way more militant in the way you address your views. That and the fact the basically 90% of your posts are about this is what drives a lot of people on here nuts.
    It's us vs the rest of the country