Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The City of Toronto is already hated and while I like the idea of being the most hated team in the CFL, I'd rather not be like the Roughriders and their fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    The City of Toronto is already hated and while I like the idea of being the most hated team in the CFL, I'd rather not be like the Roughriders and their fans.
    Try to understand our position. We watched this pitiful team for almost thirty years up until 2007. We watched a team that missed the playoffs eleven years in row. Besides the '89 cup we watched our beloved team get embarrassed, beaten and ridiculed for being the "lovable losers", and watched deep pocketed owners poach the few quality players we had throughout those years left and right. Is it right that some of us have a little more swagger because of the off and on field success we've had over the last eight years? Perhaps not. But it certainly doesn't break my heart to see that the scales have balanced. Snow Rogue, if you have such a beef with us why are you a member on our forum?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Winning is the best way to have the rest of the leagues fans hate the Argonauts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    Try to understand our position. We watched this pitiful team for almost thirty years up until 2007. We watched a team that missed the playoffs eleven years in row. Besides the '89 cup we watched our beloved team get embarrassed, beaten and ridiculed for being the "lovable losers", and watched deep pocketed owners poach the few quality players we had throughout those years left and right. Is it right that some of us have a little more swagger because of the off and on field success we've had over the last eight years? Perhaps not. But it certainly doesn't break my heart to see that the scales have balanced. Snow Rogue, if you have such a beef with us why are you a member on our forum?
    I have no beef with the Riders or their fans, the vast majority of fans I have met at games and Grey Cup weekends have been great. The Riderfans forum is one of my favourites, due to how engaged the fanbase is there and Rider Stronson is one of my favourite posters in the CFL forumverse. It's like anything else though, the few seem to ruin it for the majority. I admit I dislike the whole "Canada's Team" BS. Every CFL team plays in Canada, so there's not just one "Canada's Team". The Riders have come up from a situation similar to the Argonauts, where apathy, lack of engagement and passion came into play, I get that and Rider fans deserve to be happy about the team's success, but some (a very small amount of fans), seem to forget the past and how long it took for the Riders to find success again. So no beef, but I'd rather teams and their respective fanbases hate us for winning and not for having "swagger". Hopefully, I properly answered your question.