Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Bishop is another sneaky good (no brainer) re-signing. He has displayed big time run stop potential. He conceivable could be part of a potential ratio change should the Argo's ask Cleyon Laing to come in a little lighter to play in Butlers spot on the end. As for Bishop playing End? Nope, wrong body type. However, Laing has played that spot and (depending on D-Co) don't be surprised to see Laing get some reps there in TC as the team fiddles around looking for the best ratio blend.
    I also like Bishop, but I don't think his signing has anything to do with a ratio change -- unless you think we will play Gaydosh/Finley every down at one DT spot. I just can't see that happening. I can see Laing moving around the line, including some snaps at DE, but I don't see us committing to start two NAT DLs as part of our seven mandated NAT starters. Ideally we will have eight or even nine capable of being "every down" players, which would mean lots of PT for those 8/9 (including all three of the DTs), plus the ability to rotate INTs in as needed/desired.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I also like Bishop, but I don't think his signing has anything to do with a ratio change -- unless you think we will play Gaydosh/Finley every down at one DT spot. I just can't see that happening. I can see Laing moving around the line, including some snaps at DE, but I don't see us committing to start two NAT DLs as part of our seven mandated NAT starters. Ideally we will have eight or even nine capable of being "every down" players, which would mean lots of PT for those 8/9 (including all three of the DTs), plus the ability to rotate INTs in as needed/desired.
    I don't see any room for Bishop to make the game roster at DT - when they have Laing & Wynn as starters, plus Finley/Gaydosh for depth (one or both could dress i guess); Wynn was simply way better than Bishop, IMO. No CFL teams dress 4 pure DTs often and never 5.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I don't see any room for Bishop to make the game roster at DT - when they have Laing & Wynn as starters, plus Finley/Gaydosh for depth (one or both could dress i guess); Wynn was simply way better than Bishop, IMO. No CFL teams dress 4 pure DTs often and never 5.
    I agree OV, I see Wynn and Laing as the starting DT’s in 2018.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I like Bishop, but I see him as being an IR guy that will likely only dress if Wynn was to get injured. Fact is, I bet Wynn tries the NFL in 2019, so keeping Bishop around at least gives you insurance.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I like Bishop, but I see him as being an IR guy that will likely only dress if Wynn was to get injured. Fact is, I bet Wynn tries the NFL in 2019, so keeping Bishop around at least gives you insurance.
    What about Alan Michael Cash?

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    What about Alan Michael Cash?
    My thought as well. The camp competition at DT should be pretty ferocious; we can put our recruitment resources elsewhere.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Reed is a bit of a head- scratcher maybe; but maybe Popp is trying to corner the market on MLB talent? - Riders, Als, Bummers and now Ottawa have big question marks at MLB - maybe Popp feels he can wait them out and make a steal of a trade by TC time?

Reed hasn't stuck with 3 CFL teams now - maybe cause he just isn't that good - though he is athletic and a big hitter; Woods is quite better IMO and Plummer seemed to really come on - and would be cheaper $M$ wise ? Gotta love TC competition but can't see all 3 of the above mentioned sticking with the Argos.

Alan Michael Cash ? - thought he woulda made an impact last season - maybe this year? - Laing & Wynn, with Gaydosh & Finley as back-ups is pretty solid at DT though.