Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    ...that Speedy B has (understandably) stated he won't re-sign with Hamilton if Austin is still employed in any capacity by that organization.

Well, I'm posting this here, i.e., what could be an easier relocation than signing with the Double Blue, just down the QEW? That'd certainly be a win-win.

He can stay in Hamilton IMO.

Gotta give the guy credit for his play under June Jones and getting a thousand yard season, but IMO Banks is not an everydown CFL receiver and has iffy at best hands - unless he would like to play a role as a wide-side WR who gets a few deep balls a game thrown his way; he got some good production this year because the new HC took a real liking to him, likes smurf type receivers, and is willing to target the guy 8 or more times a game with some deep & big play opportunity. Again - good for Banks, but IMO there are LOTS of receivers better than him and who would do way more given the opportunity Banks got with June Jones in charge. And Banks was once a scary dangerous return guy but seems to have basically totally lost it there (like Chris Williams did after one amazing return season). Runs scared on returns now - but lots of returners break the odd big one given tons of opportunity.

SO - Thanks, but no thanks to Speedy B joining the Argos - and the guy seems like a bit of a cry-baby and me first type; he has become a good fit in the June Jones offence there and it might be nice to see the Ticats re-build and get competitive again with Jones as the HC - wether Austin is there or not - sorry Banks, you can stay in the Hammer.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    He can stay in Hamilton IMO.

Gotta give the guy credit for his play under June Jones and getting a thousand yard season, but IMO Banks is not an everydown CFL receiver and has iffy at best hands - unless he would like to play a role as a wide-side WR who gets a few deep balls a game thrown his way; he got some good production this year because the new HC took a real liking to him, likes smurf type receivers, and is willing to target the guy 8 or more times a game with some deep & big play opportunity. Again - good for Banks, but IMO there are LOTS of receivers better than him and who would do way more given the opportunity Banks got with June Jones in charge. And Banks was once a scary dangerous return guy but seems to have basically totally lost it there (like Chris Williams did after one amazing return season). Runs scared on returns now - but lots of returners break the odd big one given tons of opportunity.

SO - Thanks, but no thanks to Speedy B joining the Argos - and the guy seems like a bit of a cry-baby and me first type; he has become a good fit in the June Jones offence there and it might be nice to see the Ticats re-build and get competitive again with Jones as the HC - wether Austin is there or not - sorry Banks, you can stay in the Hammer.
    I agree with you OV. I don't want a guy like that on my team, and I can guarantee neither does Trestman. Trestman wants to surround himself with good people, and not primadonnas.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I agree with you OV. I don't want a guy like that on my team, and I can guarantee neither does Trestman. Trestman wants to surround himself with good people, and not primadonnas.
    IF the Argos had basically nothing at either receiver or returner, I would welcome Banks, but with the warning we won't take any of your crying and acting. He could help a team in need. He has great speed and some skills for sure. So do tons of receivers out there - and more receiver specific skills than just speed.

But just who would Banks replace and be an upgrade on in the current Argo top 4 receivers (Green, Edwards, Posey, Coombs let's say) ? I guess some would argue that Banks' 1000 yard season this year shows more than the last 3 of those Argos? - but stats don't tell the real story there, and all those Argo receivers have more talent than Banks IMO - who had some ugly glaring drops on balls right in his hands this year, and again, is often whining or complaining. He did well in that June Jones offence though - he's a fit there, and he should stay there. And i would love to see Kenty (&Tillspin) get punted wayyyyyyyy out of town there if that makes Speedy B happy ;o). Be good for the Ticats, but not sure Caretaker Bob-O has any clue about football.