Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I get the sense that a lot of the negativity on Twitter is from CFL haters who will use any excuse to trash the league, like the guy who said he hopes this incident will result in even smaller crowds than the Argos usually get.

But again, if that’s the price for having an MOP QB on the roster, I for one will gladly pay it.
    Its fans of the other teams I have noticed.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Even amongst CFL fans many hate the Argonauts, to them I say go f*ck yourselves.
    Proud to be a fan of this team!
    Not sure I can call anybody who "hates" other CFL teams a real CFL fan? Sure, you can strongly dislike some other teams (especially long-time close rivals like the Pussycats), but this hater stuff I just don't get. Don't be a jealous or pompous homer who only knows his own team, but respect/ treasure all the teams in a 9 team historic league and you're more of a true CFL fan - to me / IMO.

The CFL haters in general out there in our own country - like the NFL fan-boys and all-American hype $uckers and the like minded dupes in our media - now those clowns can go F themselves = pathetic victims of the Canadian inferiority complex who lap up glitter-hype till they puke/spew it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Not sure I can call anybody who "hates" other CFL teams a real CFL fan? Sure, you can strongly dislike some other teams (especially long-time close rivals like the Pussycats), but this hater stuff I just don't get. Don't be a jealous or pompous homer who only knows his own team, but respect/ treasure all the teams in a 9 team historic league and you're more of a true CFL fan - to me / IMO.

The CFL haters in general out there in our own country - like the NFL fan-boys and all-American hype $uckers and the like minded dupes in our media - now those clowns can go F themselves = pathetic victims of the Canadian inferiority complex who lap up glitter-hype till they puke/spew it.
    Can’t argue with any of this OV.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Team made no mention of Kelly’s bday. They have posted on Instagram bdays in the past. Hmm…
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Boatman
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The big knock against Kelly through the years is his immaturity. Between the meltdown in the East Final, the "concussion" excuse that came out of the blue a few days later, the serious sexual harassment allegations (and, sorry folks, but a sexual harassment allegation in the workplace is a pretty serious one and a fireable offence, if validated), and these social media antics, it's becoming increasingly difficult to accept that this guy has matured. And I say this as someone who had thought and hoped that Kelly was finally maturing.
    Totally agree with everything you've said here. Considering Kelly is almost 30 years, he seems remarkably immature and where the hell is his judgement. I think most people in a similar situation would realize the value of just keeping a low profile till this sexual harassment allegation is dealt with and not do silly things on social media.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    2024 Ticket Sales Slogan…”It Could Be Worse”…..I like it Paul!
    HA, ha, ha - I like it. "It Could be Worse" as the Ticket Sales Slogan - it acknowledges some of the challenges that the Argos might face, but also has that "silver lining" aspect to it!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Team made no mention of Kelly’s bday. They have posted on Instagram bdays in the past. Hmm…
    Anything on social media about Chad Kelly right now elicits a lot of negative reaction. I am guessing that the team would rather avoid that.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I agree with Ravi, any post relating to Kelly is going to elicit a strong and negative reaction. I wouldn't read anything more into the lack of birthday tweet other than the fact that the team is aware of this, and has identified that it isn't prudent to post anything related to him right now.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I agree with Ravi, any post relating to Kelly is going to elicit a strong and negative reaction. I wouldn't read anything more into the lack of birthday tweet other than the fact that the team is aware of this, and has identified that it isn't prudent to post anything related to him right now.
    Which is a pretty terrible position to be in as an org. The most outstanding player in the league, who is reportedly being paid $100k as "marketing money," has to be kept under wraps. Guess they will build their marketing campaign some other way.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Which is a pretty terrible position to be in as an org. The most outstanding player in the league, who is reportedly being paid $100k as "marketing money," has to be kept under wraps. Guess they will build their marketing campaign some other way.
    The Argos are definitely in a difficult position, perhaps of their own making (depending on what comes out of the investigation). For me, this entire Chad Kelly situation has taken the wind out of the sails of being excited for the upcoming season. This is a shame, considering that this is still an excellent and deep team which, I think, made some strong moves again this off-season.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The Argos are definitely in a difficult position, perhaps of their own making (depending on what comes out of the investigation). For me, this entire Chad Kelly situation has taken the wind out of the sails of being excited for the upcoming season. This is a shame, considering that this is still an excellent and deep team which, I think, made some strong moves again this off-season.
    I could not agree more, Ravi.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Yes agree it's a real shame. This situation has cast a shadow over the upcoming Argo season and I think there's no question it will hinder how they can market and promote the Argos. It has basically forced them not to talk about the Argos at all because they don't want to have to deal with alot of questions about Kelly, the investigation etc.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kellynjk View Post
    Totally agree with everything you've said here. Considering Kelly is almost 30 years, he seems remarkably immature and where the hell is his judgement. I think most people in a similar situation would realize the value of just keeping a low profile till this sexual harassment allegation is dealt with and not do silly things on social media.
    Kelly has not been accused of sexual harassment. This could be an important fact once things get settled.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Kelly has not been accused of sexual harassment. This could be an important fact once things get settled.
    Okay point taken, but being accused of harassment is just as serious and disturbing. Kelly has talent for sure, but I have a bad feeling that the Argos are going to have continually deal with his immaturity and behaviour, so it’s a shame that he’s their marquis player at the moment.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Okay point taken, but being accused of harassment is just as serious and disturbing. Kelly has talent for sure, but I have a bad feeling that the Argos are going to have continually deal with his immaturity and behaviour, so it’s a shame that he’s their marquis player at the moment.
    Harassment is often subjective and can be all of levels from repeatedly asking something (collections) to extreme stalking. Sexual harassment is more defined and often leads to criminal charges. Kelly is facing no criminal recourse and to be honest, is being accused of being a giant A-hole to put it in laymen’s terms. I don’t know what the punishment for that is, if true, but losing your job would have legal challenges. A professional team could cut ties because they don’t want that type of player around, yet we are not hearing that. In fact, the Argos are moving ahead with him as QB. That’s very telling. They have to be confident of the outcome and/or be privy to important information we are not. Once again, we have to let this unfold before making outlandish claims or opinions and the least we can do is get the terms right if we are going to speculate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Harassment is often subjective and can be all of levels from repeatedly asking something (collections) to extreme stalking. Sexual harassment is more defined and often leads to criminal charges. Kelly is facing no criminal recourse and to be honest, is being accused of being a giant A-hole to put it in laymen’s terms. I don’t know what the punishment for that is, if true, but losing your job would have legal challenges. A professional team could cut ties because they don’t want that type of player around, yet we are not hearing that. In fact, the Argos are moving ahead with him as QB. That’s very telling. They have to be confident of the outcome and/or be privy to important information we are not. Once again, we have to let this unfold before making outlandish claims or opinions and the least we can do is get the terms right if we are going to speculate.
    A succinct but complete layout of the case before Kelly and the Argos. Hope this helps everyone.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Well the bottom line is the Argos shouldn’t have to deal with any of this and maybe wouldn’t be if Kelly was more mature and as you put it not “actually like a giant asshole!” I just disappointed that he is showing these tendencies and this is not the first time (that whole bullshit story about a bad concussion for example) and the Argos have banked so much on this guy - big multi-year contract etc. For me personally it has really dampened my excitement for the upcoming season!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well the bottom line is the Argos shouldn’t have to deal with any of this and maybe wouldn’t be if Kelly was more mature and as you put it not “actually like a giant asshole!”
    Or maybe the Argos don't believe the accusations to be warranted and haven't "found him guilty" like 99% of the population that thinks they know what happened and have come to their own conclusions.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Or maybe the Argos don't believe the accusations to be warranted and haven't "found him guilty" like 99% of the population that thinks they know what happened and have come to their own conclusions.
    Or maybe there are a lot of people that are just willing to let Kelly behave any way he wants and trivialize his bad behaviour because he played well last season!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Or maybe there are a lot of people that are just willing to let Kelly behave any way he wants and trivialize his bad behaviour because he played well last season!
    Or maybe no one has a clue what actually happened or didn’t happen (including yourself) and should let things play out before coming to any conclusions!!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions