Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    I thought the d-line was going to be a strength this year (well the interior more than the DE's) and they were playing well up until the game against the Blue Bombers, but after that...SPLAT!
    Only signing I liked was Bulcke. I was hoping that Foley would regain his form, but it's two seasons in a row now that he's played poorly, time to cut bait IMO. I was expecting big things from Waud, and hoping to see more of Walker, but injuries lead to my disappointment. Laurent made Hall look better and if we signed Hickman from 2011 good deal, but he hasn't been the same since coming back from the NFL.

We need so many upgrades it's not even funny - QB, RB, OL, WR, DL, LB, DB's, the entire team! That's messed up IMO.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Only signing I liked was Bulcke. I was hoping that Foley would regain his form, but it's two seasons in a row now that he's played poorly, time to cut bait IMO. I was expecting big things from Waud, and hoping to see more of Walker, but injuries lead to my disappointment. Laurent made Hall look better and if we signed Hickman from 2011 good deal, but he hasn't been the same since coming back from the NFL.

We need so many upgrades it's not even funny - QB, RB, OL, WR, DL, LB, DB's, the entire team! That's messed up IMO.
    I was worried about Foley and Hickman lining up at the DE positions and having little depth behind them. I thought the Argos were solid at DT with Bulcke, Waud, Hall and that Munroe guy who ended up retiring. Bryan Hall might be a good indicator of the major problem in evaluating the DT position because of how chemistry with your fellow DT can make you look much better or much worse.

Yes, there are needs at every position group on the roster except for probably Lirim Hajrullahu.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

Valid points, really no better than an expansion team (minus the 1st round pick) at this time.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Valid points, really no better than an expansion team (minus the 1st round pick) at this time.
    That should give us hope then, Ottawa went to the GC in year 2 lol.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    The Argonauts have gone from 4-14 to 15-3 (95-96) and 2-14 to 9-6-1 (81-82) in the past. The player personnel director will not have the luxury of a dispersal draft this year however.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ottawa's management team and coaching staff has done a masterful job in building a competitive team in a relatively short period of time.
    Maybe the Argos will hire a staff capable of the same?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Ottawa's management team and coaching staff has done a masterful job in building a competitive team in a relatively short period of time.
    Maybe the Argos will hire a staff capable of the same?
    You know how I feel about the matter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

Media story

This is the difference in how the 2 teams are covered. The very first ever playoff game for TFC in its entire history was played last week in front of an announced crowd of 21,000 well short of a sellout. Really meaning that 18,000 were in the seats. However this was never discussed in any of the media story's. It was reported as a very vocal crowd. Now, we all know if the Argos had a playoff game with announced crowd of 21,000 that would be the lead of any media report. A disappointing crowd of only 21,000 were in attendance, then we would also get that's" most of that crowd dressed as empty seats comment". We all recall the home opener in which the Argos fell 1800 short of a sellout and that was the story, not being the first Argo game played at BMO.. Interesting that MR Cox's also did not comment on the thousands of free tickets that we're given to Rogers employees for this last game either. If Bell did that for a Argo playoff game, you just know that would find its way into the story.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    This is the difference in how the 2 teams are covered. The very first ever playoff game for TFC in its entire history was played last week in front of an announced crowd of 21,000 well short of a sellout. Really meaning that 18,000 were in the seats. However this was never discussed in any of the media story's. It was reported as a very vocal crowd. Now, we all know if the Argos had a playoff game with announced crowd of 21,000 that would be the lead of any media report. A disappointing crowd of only 21,000 were in attendance, then we would also get that's" most of that crowd dressed as empty seats comment". We all recall the home opener in which the Argos fell 1800 short of a sellout and that was the story, not being the first Argo game played at BMO.. Interesting that MR Cox's also did not comment on the thousands of free tickets that we're given to Rogers employees for this last game either. If Bell did that for a Argo playoff game, you just know that would find its way into the story.
    Well said!!
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    Quite so. It is difficult in this world to be ethical, to have integrity, to shun hypocrisy. It is easy to be a panderer, a saboteur, a liar, a con artist.