It was interesting that The Rock and Gary Stern felt the need to step in and defend their friend Tanenbaum on Twitter yesterday. Good for them in doing so. I wonder if Larry T. has been feeling the heat over the past few days.

The Rock referred to Tanenbaum as being a "visionary". I don't know whether he is one or not but I certainly haven't seen evidence that he is with the Argos. Just because someone is wealthy, it doesn't necessarily follow that they are a visionary and people without money can be visionaries too. I know that Tanenbaum is disappointed about the XFL merger or partnership not working out but those talks fell apart about a year ago. It's time to put it behind you and move forward. The other owners in the league agreed to revenue sharing with MLSE and he should be doing backflips over that.

Amar Doman seems like a visionary to me and I really hope that Tanenbaum/MLSE learn a few things from him and Victor Cui, who I suspect will get that Edmonton franchise moving in the right direction.

Was anyone else reminded of the 1991 Argos' home opener when they watched the Lions game last night? I realize that the 1991 Argos and their ownership didn't have staying power but I suspect that Doman does have actual money as opposed to Bruce McNall.