Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Here's a look at the performance of NCAA Canadians in week 14 where MLB Amen Ogbongbemiga led all LBs in rankings and might be too small to stick in the NFL.

https://3downnation.com/2020/12/08/i...ur-in-week-14/
    That's a very common fallacy with certain players getting labelled as too small for the allmighty NFL - used often to write-off ex-CFLers chances in the NFL or to cast doubt on Canadian football players in general.

Ogbongbemiga is listed at 6-1, 235 on the Oak State roster and that is NOT too small to play LB in the NFL as there are and have been dozens of examples of star NFL LBs in that size range or smaller, over the years; and Cory Greenwood & Henoc Muamba are fairly recent examples of Canadian LBs in that size range who did play in the NFL. Alex Singleton dominating the Eagles D in stats now since he took over at MLB for them this season- surprised nobody has said he couldn't possibly start in the NFL - too small and inferior, coming from the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    That's a very common fallacy with certain players getting labelled as too small for the allmighty NFL - used often to write-off ex-CFLers chances in the NFL or to cast doubt on Canadian football players in general.

Ogbongbemiga is listed at 6-1, 235 on the Oak State roster and that is NOT too small to play LB in the NFL as there are and have been dozens of examples of star NFL LBs in that size range or smaller, over the years; and Cory Greenwood & Henoc Muamba are fairly recent examples of Canadian LBs in that size range who did play in the NFL. Alex Singleton dominating the Eagles D in stats now since he took over at MLB for them this season- surprised nobody has said he couldn't possibly start in the NFL - too small and inferior, coming from the CFL.
    I would guess Amen O is closer to 6'0 225 from what I've seen of him. Been watching him for three years. IMO he will probably be signed as a FA in the NFL and may get some time there on the PR or spot duty as a ST guy on a roster. So I would take him early and wait for him to shake loose in a couple years.