Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Don't get me wrong, MBT would be my first choice. Never should have been benched in the first place. I just don't think Chamblin will admit to his error, stubborn as he is.

As for Collaros and the worst O-line, I think Collaros would make the O-line look a lot better, because he will get rid of the ball on time.
    MBT deserved to be removed in the Calgary game because he was not playing well, and the offence wasn't moving the ball. No different than a hockey team pulling their number 1 goalie if he is having an off night. But I do agree with you that he should have been given the ball back to start the game against Saskatchewan because he earned that privilege based on his earlier play. Chamblin's error in this regard, in addition to the other gaffes he has committed, speak more to his future.

You are right, Collaros might make the O-line look better.... until he gets dropped, and personally at this stage of a horrible season, it is simply not worth it to me. But I see your point, and I am sure Collaros wants to be in there as he has something to prove as well... that he still has it and can be a star in this league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    MBT deserved to be removed in the Calgary game because he was not playing well, and the offence wasn't moving the ball. .
    Should have been more clear. I meant he should not have had his starting job taken away. An in game switch because of a struggling O, I never have a problem with. But he should have started again this past week. Terrible coaching decision to bench a guy that has been good in 5 straight games because he had a rough 2 1/2 quarters.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Should have been more clear. I meant he should not have had his starting job taken away. An in game switch because of a struggling O, I never have a problem with. But he should have started again this past week. Terrible coaching decision to bench a guy that has been good in 5 straight games because he had a rough 2 1/2 quarters.
    Maybe it was playing Franklin at the request of a buyer (Winnipeg, Edmonton)? If it was I think the return price went down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Maybe it was playing Franklin at the request of a buyer (Winnipeg, Edmonton)? If it was I think the return price went down.
    I highly doubt either Winnipeg or Edmonton are making roster decisions for the Argos. I think Chamblin based it on Franklin playing a decent 2nd half against Calgary.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Hard to say, Winnipeg heading into the playoffs with Streveler as their only option can’t be too appealing to their management team.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    And Franklin shouldn't have lost his starting job due to an injury.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm not sure that I understand the passion that I sense with respect to the love for MBT or Franklin. I understand both perspectives, and the points are valid. However, if you step back and look at the bigger picture neither is going to be the one to lead the Argos out of this misery and to respectability, let alone to becoming a top-tier team. Franklin is not what we thought we bought, and MBT is (his record is what it is for a reason, don't tell me that it's a team game and more than just the QB's doing).

Similarly I have read some of the arguments about not putting in Prukop or O'Connor in behind this OL (and let's be real - it is a gawdawful OL). However, I think that there is value to getting both of them in there, getting game film on both of them that they can watch, and learn from, in the off season. Get them in the game, get some tape on them and see what you have, or what you don't have.

The two that are ahead of them aren't the answer. Frankly if they were both gone at the deadline I would be happy.

As for Collaros...... I don't have any answer there. But at least he is a more known commodity. I'm just not sure that he's the answer, but I'm not sure that he isn't either. Every hit he takes scares me, for his sake.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    And Franklin shouldn't have lost his starting job due to an injury.
    Had he played well before the injury I would agree, but since he didn't you can't just use that cliched statement. Lost by 50 points his first game and losing by 25 at half his second game, then got injured. Results despite losses were at least respectable for the most part after that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Had he played well before the injury I would agree, but since he didn't you can't just use that cliched statement. Lost by 50 points his first game and losing by 25 at half his second game, then got injured. Results despite losses were at least respectable for the most part after that.
    MBT has given the Argos a chance to win most of the games he has started; Franklin just hasn't.

Looking at some other posts, Collaros received a significant amount of his money up front from the Riders so the Argos aren't on the hook for much anyway. Also, I wouldn't necessarily read into his being six-gamed again that he has had a setback. He can still be pulled off at any time.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force