Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    John Shannon, the second coming of Cliff Clavin.
    It kills me how Sportsnet uses him as a panel guy on there hockey broadcasts. If I want someone to tell me why the broadcast switched from one camera angle to another, I might consider a TV producer as an authority. To have him tell me why a player is in a slump as if he's some hockey expert is mind boggling. Sportsnet has no clue.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It kills me how Sportsnet uses him as a panel guy on there hockey broadcasts. If I want someone to tell me why the broadcast switched from one camera angle to another, I might consider a TV producer as an authority. To have him tell me why a player is in a slump as if he's some hockey expert is mind boggling. Sportsnet has no clue.
    I used to be a pretty regular listener but time has really passed these guys by. They are seriously out of touch and not very knowledgeable about a lot of subjects.

McCown's Abe Simpson schtick has grown old, the supersaturation of Jays and Leafs has tuned me out. Madani's CFL hitman routine is lame and the same with Cox until someone from the league might be on and then he is nice as pie.

Maybe my "shark jumping" moment was when Shannon said "my Wolverines" Really?

Again, as someone has said, why should we listen to them as a middleman for American sports when we can get it straight from the source.