Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I disagree - and i thought he was out of bounds at first look - but the replay shows he caught the ball and had both feet down - as soon as you have control of the ball in the end zone, for even a second, it is a TD - case closed, and doesn`t matter what happens after you are hit and go out of bounds. This whole `surviving`bull$hite to rule a catch or not (started in the NFL i think) is a load of nonsense IMO and another example of sports rules being changed for the worse. A catch is a catch - possession of the ball for a second or two or so (that amount of time is a subjective call by the ref - no way to record it in real game time), and if you drop the ball after catching it in the field of play, that is a fumble; the ball coming loose or being stripped, way out of bounds, and after the receiver has clearly caught (not juggled) & possessed it, should be irrelevant.
    Not true. I have checked with my officiating friend from the league. He hit the ground as he was completing the reception and used the turf to control it. by rule, no catch. But I'm sure your POV would be different if it was one of the American receivers that made that "reception".
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Not true. I have checked with my officiating friend from the league. He hit the ground as he was completing the reception and used the turf to control it. by rule, no catch. But I'm sure your POV would be different if it was one of the American receivers that made that "reception".

Nonsense - he clearly had the ball in two hands for a second or two before being driven out of bounds and then the ball gets trapped against the turf - already a TD by then; sorry bout that Homer - if it had been the team you were cheering for, you would have seen it differently.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Nonsense - he clearly had the ball in two hands for a second or two before being driven out of bounds and then the ball gets trapped against the turf - already a TD by then; sorry bout that Homer - if it had been the team you were cheering for, you would have seen it differently.
    A second or two? Who are you kidding? By the time the ball hit his hands and he fell to the ground was less than a second. Get your stopwatch out, and change the battery.
    It's us vs the rest of the country