Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I can't see it being Toronto as the costs are prohibitive, especially with the low dollar, and there is little appetite for using public funds to build an enormous stadium for a foreign league.
    Not what I meant, if you read the post I quoted, the context for what I wrote is there. NFL team's will use one of Toronto, London, Mexico City and San Antonio (most likely just San Antonio and Toronto), the same way they used Los Angeles, as a threat in order to secure more taxpayer money from their Cities, Counties and States for new play pens.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Not what I meant, if you read the post I quoted, the context for what I wrote is there. NFL team's will use one of Toronto, London, Mexico City and San Antonio (most likely just San Antonio and Toronto), the same way they used Los Angeles, as a threat in order to secure more taxpayer money from their Cities, Counties and States for new play pens.
    I think if an owner (like Jacksonville's) were to hint that he'd move the team to Toronto, it wouldn't take too much digging (i.e. none) for an enterprising reporter there to discover that SkyDome is hopeless as an NFL venue and a 70-cent dollar and national market only as large as California make this an economic non-starter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    My point is that Toronto is hardly a city to use for any reasonable threat when there is 0.0% chance of the city being able to host an NFL franchise. If an owner in, say, Jacksonville threatens to move his team to Toronto, I doubt that the city of Jacksonville would take that threat seriously. If, on the other hand, they threaten to move to San Antonio, it is time to become much more concerned.

EDIT: I just read Paul's post after making this one which pretty much said the same thing. LOL! Great minds think alike!
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    My point is that Toronto is hardly a city to use for any reasonable threat when there is 0.0% chance of the city being able to host an NFL franchise. If an owner in, say, Jacksonville threatens to move his team to Toronto, I doubt that the city of Jacksonville would take that threat seriously. If, on the other hand, they threaten to move to San Antonio, it is time to become much more concerned.

EDIT: I just read Paul's post after making this one which pretty much said the same thing. LOL! Great minds think alike!
    Toronto will always be in the conversation, when the dollar was low in the mid to late 90's and early 2000's, the NFL coming to Toronto was still being talked about. I want to be clear I don't think the threat is real or that I believe the NFL is coming any time soon, quite the contrary actually, as I believe San Antonio, Mexico City, London and now St. Louis are all ahead of Toronto, but Toronto is still in the conversation and if nothing else will be used in some capacity.