Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Which would mean that Fajardo would start and be expected to perform at a high level, again without taking a full week of starters reps. If Ricky was at all borderline this week they should have rested him to make sure, if only to see what Fajardo can do with a full week of practice as a starter. Rushing Ricky back could be a lose-lose proposition.
    Yes I hope they don't rush Ray back if he's not 100%. And give Fajardo the full practice reps.

But if they do start Ray I'm interested how Trestman will run the offence. If's it like every other game of 80% pass, then Ray will take more hits.
    My fear is the Als will pin their ears back and attack Ray. They were back on their heals a bit last game when they had to respect Fajardo's running threat and the Argos push to run the ball more.
    Hopefully Trestman sees that he needs a running game to keep the defense honest and Ray on his feet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Yes I hope they don't rush Ray back if he's not 100%. And give Fajardo the full practice reps.

But if they do start Ray I'm interested how Trestman will run the offence. If's it like every other game of 80% pass, then Ray will take more hits.
    My fear is the Als will pin their ears back and attack Ray. They were back on their heals a bit last game when they had to respect Fajardo's running threat and the Argos push to run the ball more.
    Hopefully Trestman sees that he needs a running game to keep the defense honest and Ray on his feet.
    Problem with that is when they were running the ball with Ray, they were getting 1 or 2 yards. What's worse for Ray than throwing every down (in terms of being a sitting duck), is having a lot of 2nd and long situations when the D knows the passing play will be a longer developing one. What the Argos really need to do is improve their hitch screen game. That will keep LB's honest as much as the run will.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I'm still hopeful that they have Ricky run a naked bootleg on occasion to keep the defences honest.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Problem with that is when they were running the ball with Ray, they were getting 1 or 2 yards. What's worse for Ray than throwing every down (in terms of being a sitting duck), is having a lot of 2nd and long situations when the D knows the passing play will be a longer developing one. What the Argos really need to do is improve their hitch screen game. That will keep LB's honest as much as the run will.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    I'm still hopeful that they have Ricky run a naked bootleg on occasion to keep the defences honest.
    I agree that the Argos have often been gaining only a few yards on running plays, but that speaks to the weakness of the OL that has also led to his being hit so often. Having Ray run injured bootlegs or doing much running in general I don't think is wise with him coming off an injury if he plays at all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm looking to buy 2 more West side tickets to the game. PM me if you have any spares!

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I'm looking to buy 2 more West side tickets to the game. PM me if you have any spares!
    I have two available on the cooler side (West side?). Sec 224 I believe. Same seats you bought off me last year I believe for the EX game. I always seem to be away for the Ex.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I have two available on the cooler side (West side?). Sec 224 I believe. Same seats you bought off me last year I believe for the EX game. I always seem to be away for the Ex.
    Thanks for the offer, but I already committed to others. I like your seats, good view and price point. Summer weekend games can be a tough sell, hopefully we get a respectable crowd. I love the Ex game. We always hear about the awesome atmosphere at stadiums around the league, especially around Ottawa's stadium. The CNE game offers the same, maybe more. Free CNE admission (rides, shows, exhibits), post game concerts (Sam Roberts this year). What more do people want? Yet, all we hear is how terrible it is to get there, the crowds, parking, etc. I really feel like people are missing a great time or don't know how to have a good time.