Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I agree with many of the observations/criticisms made by others in this thread but, considering where the team was in January, I am just enjoying the ride! I know we've lost two in a row and are 7 and 9 but this team has a really good character to it. They may play poorly for most of a game but they are never out of it. They are a scrappy bunch and enjoyable to watch. Yesterday's game was like the last win against Hamilton, where they hung around and pulled it out with clutch plays at the end, but against the Esks they just fell short. At this stage of their development, that is going to happen. But I think they are really close to being a really good team. I didn't feel this way earlier in the season but, call me crazy, there is a different energy now. The teams we will likely play are Edmonton (who we've beaten and lost by 3 points to), Saskatchewan (who we played close earlier and lost by 3 points to last week), and Ottawa (who we've beaten twice, albeit early in the season). In a one game playoff, there is no reason we can't beat any of these teams. Winning a Grey Cup is asking a bit much, but a playoff win and possible trip to the big game is not. Going forward, I am going to send this team only positive energy, as they have given me far more enjoyment than I could have asked for this year. Whatever the result, I know this group is going to have given its all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    I agree with many of the observations/criticisms made by others in this thread but, considering where the team was in January, I am just enjoying the ride! I know we've lost two in a row and are 7 and 9 but this team has a really good character to it. They may play poorly for most of a game but they are never out of it. They are a scrappy bunch and enjoyable to watch. Yesterday's game was like the last win against Hamilton, where they hung around and pulled it out with clutch plays at the end, but against the Esks they just fell short. At this stage of their development, that is going to happen. But I think they are really close to being a really good team. I didn't feel this way earlier in the season but, call me crazy, there is a different energy now. The teams we will likely play are Edmonton (who we've beaten and lost by 3 points to), Saskatchewan (who we played close earlier and lost by 3 points to last week), and Ottawa (who we've beaten twice, albeit early in the season). In a one game playoff, there is no reason we can't beat any of these teams. Winning a Grey Cup is asking a bit much, but a playoff win and possible trip to the big game is not. Going forward, I am going to send this team only positive energy, as they have given me far more enjoyment than I could have asked for this year. Whatever the result, I know this group is going to have given its all.
    I'll have some of what you're having!! That is the attitude... all in.