Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Why? - did you think he would command big or even decent CFL buck$, or did you see another CFL team having big interest in him (a Canadian tailback with a bit of slotback experience now)?

I doubt Coombs is all of a sudden going to play a big or bigger role in the same old Millanovich offence; that hybrid slot spot might get changed since it has not been near as productive since Durie's hey-days there, or maybe another receiver (like Spencer) might get a shot at it.

I like Coombs and glad he is still around - versatile guy who could play both as a 2nd RB plus still some receiver, and maybe return some kicks too.
    I'm glad he's back as well, but like SR I thought there was a good chance he'd leave. Two major factors: 1. He didn't get used much in 2016, and 2. He's from Manitoba and sometimes guys (especially out west -- see Andrew Harris) like to play at home. Anyway, glad he resisted the lure of free agency as he could be a cornerstone receiver going forward. IMO he's too small to play regularly at TB but I'd like him to get 35-50 carries per year (2-3 per game) as it would keep him more involved and would create some problems for the defence. I have always liked handoffs and pitches to guys who don't usually line up at TB.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'm glad he's back as well, but like SR I thought there was a good chance he'd leave. Two major factors: 1. He didn't get used much in 2016, and 2. He's from Manitoba and sometimes guys (especially out west -- see Andrew Harris) like to play at home. Anyway, glad he resisted the lure of free agency as he could be a cornerstone receiver going forward. IMO he's too small to play regularly at TB but I'd like him to get 35-50 carries per year (2-3 per game) as it would keep him more involved and would create some problems for the defence. I have always liked handoffs and pitches to guys who don't usually line up at TB.
    The two reasons mentioned here are why I thought Coombs could end up leaving.
    Last edited by R.J; 01-12-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I also thought there was a good chance he would be gone for these reasons.