Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I wouldn't say that Harris looked *calm*. He looked almost a bit twitchy at times as he went through his reads. But he sure seemed quick in his decision making, and unloaded the ball quickly and accurately. I liked the way he trusted his protection and stepped into the pocket to buy an extra second where necessary. He'll be offensive player of the week, and deservedly so.
    The protection afforded Harris by the O-Line was key to his success yesterday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I wouldn't say that Harris looked *calm*. He looked almost a bit twitchy at times as he went through his reads. But he sure seemed quick in his decision making, and unloaded the ball quickly and accurately. I liked the way he trusted his protection and stepped into the pocket to buy an extra second where necessary. He'll be offensive player of the week, and deservedly so.
    I really didn't see any of the twitchiness you did. I thought he looked poised and in control on every play. Really looked RR back there in the pocket.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    The thing I was really impressed about Harris was his reads and the progression while in the pocket.
    He had very few "happy feet" while in the pocket.
    As for the throws, definitely he has a better arm then ZC and the throws were leading the receivers which is a key instead of under throwing same.
    A heavy ball with mostly tight spirals.
    We are all hoping this was not a fluke and he can now come out and become a leader and lead this team all year long.
    Last edited by argotom; 06-28-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Had been hearing for 2 years that Zach Collaros was more mobile and athletic and had a bit of magic, but that Trevor Harris was the one who was a pocket passer in more of the Ray mold.

i am now seeing what they were saying. and i like it.
    #MAKEARGONAUTSGREATAGAIN

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    The thing I was really impressed about Harris was his reads and the progression while in the pocket.
    He had very few "happy feet" while in the pocket.
    As for the throws, definitely he has a better arm then ZC and the throws were leading the receivers which is a key instead of under throwing same.
    A heavy ball with mostly tight spirals.
    We are all hoping this was not a fluke and he can now come out and become a leader and lead this team all year long.
    Quite agree and happy to see Harris playing with confidence.
    For what it's worth, I have always felt that Barker and Milanovich exposed Collaros first to the masses. Remember that this was the year of the RedBlacks selecting from the various teams. And Milanovich did say they were both good and it was difficult to choose one.
    So Harris steps in and plays like a vet .... Isn't this how Ricky started? ..... I'm so interested to see how the rest of the road trip turns out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    The protection afforded Harris by the O-Line was key to his success yesterday.
    And if they manhandle the Rider Dline like Winnipeg did in the second half of last weeks game, Harris is gonna have a field day back there on Sunday

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    Quite agree and happy to see Harris playing with confidence.
    For what it's worth, I have always felt that Barker and Milanovich exposed Collaros first to the masses. Remember that this was the year of the RedBlacks selecting from the various teams. And Milanovich did say they were both good and it was difficult to choose one.
    So Harris steps in and plays like a vet .... Isn't this how Ricky started? ..... I'm so interested to see how the rest of the road trip turns out.

Agree with you.
    After Harris' performance and now with Durant out for the season, dare we say how the Argos may be a favourite to win in Regina?
    Who would have thunk it?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't want to get ahead of ourselves. Harris has played very well in his 2 starts. Going into Regina (regardless of who's at quarterback) will be a major test and I am really looking forward to seeing how he and the whole team responds. If Harris can continue to play this well for a few more games, then yes, I'd put him on an equal level to Collaros and really makes you wonder what happens once Ray is back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I'm not going to search thru old posts on the subject, but pretty sure I was one anyways who was quite impressed with Harris' college ball resume and thought he would be a very good CFL QB prospect and still thought that after both he & Collaros had been around for a season. Collaros moved ahead on the depth chart and got the playing time opportunity, and looked good - so he got rewarded with a starting job for the Pussycats; but I still had faith in Harris and he has learned under the likes of Millanovich and Ricky Ray for a few seasons - and wow - what a performance yesterday.

Anybody else find Harris looked very Ricky Ray - like in that game ?; calm, poised in the pocket and reads the D and throws accurate strikes (plus can buy some time or scramble a bit when needed at the right time - Ray is under-rated there IMO); not a gun for an arm, but a nice, accurate touch passer. Hopefully - Harris can have even close to the CFL career that Ray has; be nice to see the Argos with a long-time winner QB that they developed !

As for Harris vs. Collaros - time will tell; both are good looking young QBs; but I have the feeling / just IMO, Harris is the better all around QB talent.
    Harris and Collaros is not an either-or situation. I enjoy watching both of them play and wish them both well. Harris was consistently impressive, and I'm not in the least surprised by his performance.

If Harris persists in playing at this level, it will be very difficult to justify demoting him to ride the pine again for who knows how long: that could be tantamount to ruining his career.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    If Harris persists in playing at this level, it will be very difficult to justify demoting him to ride the pine again for who knows how long: that could be tantamount to ruining his career.
    And then all those people who said Ricky's got three good years left will quickly backtrack on their words. At least I hope so. Surely we won't make the same mistake with Harris that we did with Collaros? At some point you've got to kiss your aging HOF QB goodbye, and surely it has to be at the end of this season, no?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Harris and Collaros is not an either-or situation. I enjoy watching both of them play and wish them both well. Harris was consistently impressive, and I'm not in the least surprised by his performance.

Yes this is only after one game, Harris has to do exactly what Collaros did for some 7 games when he filled in.
    Regardless, if the two progress like I have previously said, it bodes well for the healthy rivalry over many years with the Cats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    And then all those people who said Ricky's got three good years left will quickly backtrack on their words. At least I hope so. Surely we won't make the same mistake with Harris that we did with Collaros? At some point you've got to kiss your aging HOF QB goodbye, and surely it has to be at the end of this season, no?
    Wait a second, you HOPE Ricky does not have three good years left? Or you hope we all change our mind and declare that he doesn't? Because I hope he does, and I have no intention of declaring he doesn't until I see evidence of that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Wait a second, you HOPE Ricky does not have three good years left? Or you hope we all change our mind and declare that he doesn't? Because I hope he does, and I have no intention of declaring he doesn't until I see evidence of that.
    This^^^^^^
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    If Ricky signs another contract then we will lose Harris too. And Ricky can't play any better than Harris did on Saturday. This is not a time for sentimentality, Paul.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    If Ricky signs another contract then we will lose Harris too. And Ricky can't play any better than Harris did on Saturday. This is not a time for sentimentality, Paul.
    Or maybe unlike Collaros, Harris will be happy to be paid above average 2nd string money, and wait his turn. Team first player, knowing that he is in a good situation.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

There is no chance they will lose another QB, if Harris proves to be the real deal.
    This time they will let Ray go or have him be the back up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Or maybe unlike Collaros, Harris will be happy to be paid above average 2nd string money, and wait his turn. Team first player, knowing that he is in a good situation.
    He may be a team first player, but he's not a fool. At 29 you don't turn down an opportunity for starters money in professional football.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    This is not the time to declare Harris the long-term QB after one fantastic performance. There's nothing sentimental about hoping we have two outstanding QBs and can either find a way to keep both or have to make a tough decision. And a tough decision might mean letting the 29-yr-old walk and keeping the 35-yr-old. Or it might be the other way around. The jury's not only still out on that, the case hasn't even reached final arguments stage.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    He may be a team first player, but he's not a fool. At 29 you don't turn down an opportunity for starters money in professional football.
    Drew Tate, come on down!

Adrian McPherson was okay backing up Calvillo for five years (age 25-29) with little if any chance of starting.

So it depends on the player.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    This is not the time to declare Harris the long-term QB after one fantastic performance. There's nothing sentimental about hoping we have two outstanding QBs and can either find a way to keep both or have to make a tough decision. And a tough decision might mean letting the 29-yr-old walk and keeping the 35-yr-old. Or it might be the other way around. The jury's not only still out on that, the case hasn't even reached final arguments stage.
    Sure, the jury's still out on Harris. He may still lay an egg or two in the next few games. BUT, if he maintains a level of play anywhere near his first game, then surely it's an open and shut case.