Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Anyone know if Woods is like injured injured, or "injured"?
    No he's really like injured. I think it's the kind that heals quickly once the season is over. Should be ready for mini camp. However if too many O Linemen go down before then they may have to send him to another Doctor for a second opinion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    No he's really like injured. I think it's the kind that heals quickly once the season is over. Should be ready for mini camp. However if too many O Linemen go down before then they may have to send him to another Doctor for a second opinion.

I liked the Argos draft last spring at first, but now - not so much. Woods doing zero (at a spot of weakness on the team) and Foster next to nothing; Woodson & Onyeka have at least played some STs to contribute a bit.

5th round picks for other teams - D-linemen Justin Vaughn & Kwaku Boateng, have played plenty of reps on D and looked pretty good, IMO. Argos could have taken either of them.

Still early to judge a draft and of course thems NIs need time to "develop"; we shall see next season if any of those 4 Argo draft picks I mentioned play bigger roles; Brian Jones, Sackey and Jamal Campbell for that matter too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I liked the Argos draft last spring at first, but now - not so much. Woods doing zero (at a spot of weakness on the team) and Foster next to nothing; Woodson & Onyeka have at least played some STs to contribute a bit.

5th round picks for other teams - D-linemen Justin Vaughn & Kwaku Boateng, have played plenty of reps on D and looked pretty good, IMO. Argos could have taken either of them.

Still early to judge a draft and of course thems NIs need time to "develop"; we shall see next season if any of those 4 Argo draft picks I mentioned play bigger roles; Brian Jones, Sackey and Jamal Campbell for that matter too.
    A lot of swings and misses the last couple of years by the Argos, but they still got a few goods ones who can be starters IMO. McEwen OC, Jamal Campbell OT, Llevi Noel WR and Robert Woodson at Safety. Brian Jones maybe a rotation guy. I have made it known several times that Barker could've and should've taken Lauzon-Seguin instead of Jones, but I've got to let that go, because what's done is done. Then you have FA's like Ralph and Williams who are getting some playing time. Late pick MLB Herdman to me is a better bet than Foote to see some playing time. Plays ST's now and got in the game last week made a tackle. Foote is more a MLB size at 5'10 225.

Woods... I don't know. He's got the size but does he have the heart. Wasn't it Boateng who's only 6'0 240 that just pancaked Woods at the combine. Maybe he's not strong enough in the upper body yet and that's something they have him working on. IMO he got show enough next year to at least get in the line up as one of the back ups.
    But it does make one wonder how well some teams really scout the Canadian players in the CIS. Many of them turn out better than the NCAA Canadian players.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

Woodson played a decent amount on defence before his injury while Herdman has been playing on defence in recent weeks. Did you honestly expect Woods to start or play much this year? I sure didn't. Regarding Foster, the Argos simply happen to have a number of solid performers ahead of him on the depth chart.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Regarding the release of 2 QB's and signing one, in all likelihood the team is taking advantage of the extended PR roster to audition QB's who they may wish to bring back to next year's training camp. Along with Fajardo, Bethel-Thompson, Prukop and Matthews, another couple of QB's will probably be invited to next year's camp. A lot will depend upon Ray's plans for next year and any possible signing of any experienced CFL QB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Regarding the release of 2 QB's and signing one, in all likelihood the team is taking advantage of the extended PR roster to audition QB's who they may wish to bring back to next year's training camp. Along with Fajardo, Bethel-Thompson, Prukop and Matthews, another couple of QB's will probably be invited to next year's camp. A lot will depend upon Ray's plans for next year and any possible signing of any experienced CFL QB.
    Agreed. Auditions for Bradenton. Personally, I don't think we'll be seeing Matthews past this season and I believe we'll see the addition of a Starter. We could also see Ricky Ray re-sign with a performance based contract with the promise that he learns the ropes as an Assistant to the OC. Ricky wants to coach. But I think he wants to play some more too. Next year he'll be 38, and we saw Damon play to what, 41? RR can nibble away at the record books, learn how to coach and come in and change some games with his cerebral abilities.